Author Topic: I think we are making progress, but...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline stuckunderhere

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
I think we are making progress, but...
« on: June 08, 2013, 13:48:48 pm »
For the past 2 nights, he has stopped the CONSTANT NWs but he now only sleeps 9.5-10hrs a night. I am not sure this is enough, but I am loving the fact that he only wakes up 2-3 times now (we will work on that next). Here is how our days have been going lately:

WU 7:30
E 9:32
A (02:23)
S 9:53 (1h19m)

E 13:30
A (02:48)
S 14:00 (1h05m)

E 15:53
Dinner (BLW)
E 17:45

E 19:00 (looooong session)
A (04:20)
S 19:25 (30m)

A (02:05)
BT 22:00 (it used to be 7:30-8:00, but thats when he kept waking up every hour or so to feed throughout the night, 'til 2days ago when he started this new thing)
NW 2:50 feed
NW 5:30 feed
NW 6:40 feed
WU 7:30

Does that seem ok to you for a 7mo (sleeps for 12hrs/day)?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 14:09:16 pm by stuckunderhere »
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: I think we are making progress, but...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 21:26:57 pm »
Hi I think at 7 months my lo was on A of 3 hours and 2 naps, I would poss try pushing first A a bit by maybe 10 mins to see if you get a bit longer nap and cut that tea time nap and have an earlier BT. You ideally want a 13 hour day at this age so the late BT might be contributing to NW. Our sleep went a bit wonky at 7 months with lots of developmental stuff going on x
Zoe

Offline stuckunderhere

• Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 21:50:15 pm »
My problem is that it was BT 7pm for months and he kept waking up every hour or so at night... now, for 2 days, he's back to an evening nap and BT at 10pm with only 2 wakings, which in my book is goood! But I know not perfect because his naps are short (both we're 1h20m today... is that enough??)... I would like for him to do a 7-7 day, but we'd be back to our old night schedule.
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:54 am »
I would guess the hourly wakings are either OT or pain related...any teething or medical issues? The 1 hour 20 naps aren't totally restorative but way better than 45 mins so I would push your A time a little on first nap, hold for a few days and see if you get a longer nap but try and keep A a little more consistent and if you have a short nap 30-40 mins cut A back by say 30 mins or 20 mins if an hour, its trial and error really but 2 solid naps and earlier BT should be more restful. imo which is no way expert and hopefully you will get more eyes on this I still think day is too long and if you get a little more A you might get better night.
Glad your NW have improved :-)
I know with my LO we had a bit of an OT loop going on at this age so did some really early BT to catch up.
x
Zoe

Offline stuckunderhere

• Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 13:11:23 pm »
His naps were also a LOT shorter a few days ago before this new schedule started... max 45mins.

Yes he's teething, yes he's got reflux, but its gotten a lot better lately with him being mobile now. No more spit ups at every feed.

I will try the longer A time for between WU and first nap. He is usually yawning by 2hrs though... So yes, OT nights might be an issue too.
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 18:51:44 pm »
Poor little mite they have so much to deal with dont they not to mention keeping us on our toes! Those naps have improved loads from 45 mins, it could just be developmental putting a spanner in the works.

I did get told that at this age the yawning and tired signs become less reliable as can be boredom etc instead so to go more on A times! My LO now at 1 can yawn after a couple of hours so we just change activity or go outside for some fresh air :-)
Zoe

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 18:36:51 pm »
Hi there, you're getting really great advice from Zoe, I think she is right on!  He needs more A time between the naps, no CN, and a shorter day overall.  Also just wanted to add that teething can cause reflux to flare up, so while it's great he's not spitting up as much, he still may be suffering a bit while teething.  Poor, little guy. :(

Hang in there with pushing the A times.  You can go gradually if he really seems sensitive to it (by only 5-10min at a time).  You should start getting some longer, more restorative naps and better nights.

(((Hugs)))

Offline stuckunderhere

• Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:40:33 am »
His A time should be what at 7.5mo? 3hrs-ish?
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 15:17:43 pm »
Yes I would aim for 3 hours then take it from there...pretty sure mine was on that until about 8 months
Zoe

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 19:20:19 pm »
Agreed... I'd say 3-3:15 is pretty average.  Here's a good chart to refer back to when needed: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!