Author Topic: 10 month old teething and milestones or something I can change?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 10 month old teething and milestones or something I can change?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:26:10 pm »
Good to hear and you're welcome! :)

So before we start getting early wake up times again I just wondered what you think the next move should be? Do I cut that morning nap shorter by 10 mins until its gone? Do i give each new nap time a week or so to settle?
Yes, the next step will be to cut the am nap down to 30min, then 20min. Usually after a little while at 20min, you will be able to make the move to one nap.  How long you stay at each differs for each child.  My DS was on a 45min morning nap for a month or so, a 30min morning nap for a couple months, and a 20min morning nap for a few weeks.  It just depends on if the EW comes back, so he needs less day sleep.  Or, he may have trouble settling for the pm nap and again need a little cut.  Right now, it sounds like either your pm nap could be moved back to 1pm or the morning one could be cut a bit, as you're not always getting a full nap (1.5hr or more) in the afternoon.   

Here's a good thread if you'd like to join all about moving from 2 naps to 1: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6

Offline C-Shaw

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10 month old teething and milestones or something I can change?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 22:31:37 pm »
Thanks for all your help  :)