Author Topic: Moved from bf to formula and solids intake decreased  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Pompeygirl24

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Moved from bf to formula and solids intake decreased
« on: June 18, 2013, 14:30:09 pm »
H, my LO is 8 months old and have just moved to formula for his 7am, 11am and 3pm feeds.  I've followed the advice of the formula instructions and friends who use formula as to how much to give so this is what it looks like: 7am 7oz, 11am 3oz, 3pm 7oz then he will bf at 7pm.  There is the occasional feed in the night, never more than 3oz.

Since I've done this, his solids intake has decreased a lot,( especially breakfast where he would have most of his fruit intake) which suggests to me he wasn't having these equivalent milk amounts from me so I'm thinking I could probably drop the 11am bottle and bring lunch forward a bit.  I know milk still makes up a large part of their intake at this stage and I shouldn't be too worried but I had him on a nice varied diet and now he's not really interested.

Should I just carry on and the solids issue will gradually sort itself out? 

Thank you

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Moved from bf to formula and solids intake decreased
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 15:22:58 pm »
Hi I didn't bf so can't advise on that but I'd drop that mid morning bottle and offer water and healthy snack. We did go to 3 feeds around 8 months and more regular meal times. Just offer more milky puddings if your worried about milk intake and see how it goes. Don't forget LO goes through different phases of food interest and some days mine eats more than others :-)
:-)
Zoe