Author Topic: 11 month old, just started sttn now EW  (Read 1020 times)

Offline MiasMama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month old, just started sttn now EW
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:15:27 am »
Hi,
Our DD2 is 11 months. We just weaned her from nw to nurse as of a week ago. She had been waking to nurse every 4 hours around the clock and we knew she was old enough to go through the night. After 3 nights of pupd when she woke up, she started sleeping through the night. Her bt is 7:30pm. Before she was sttn, she was sleeping 7:30-7:15 (with nws) and taking a solid 2.5-3 hour nap during the day. She has been on one nap for 2 months and has been doing great! Very, very consistent napper.

For the last week or so, she has been sttn from 7:30pm-7:00pm and taking a 2-2.5 hr nap. But she has been waking up earlier and earlier than 7am and also sometimes will wake up at 5/5:30 chatting or whining. Her naps have shortened a bit too. When she has woken up or peeped early, we have sir times just left her or sometimes given her her pacifier or her "big lovey" (just another one of her loveys). I am not sure if that is causing 100% of the problem. This mornig when she woke up early at 5:15am we let have her the lovey, didn't work, then gave her a paci/readjusted her, didn't work. Then did pupd for 20 min and it did work. 

Our DD1 was always early with making changes to her sleep schedule. Any suggestions?
EASY from yesterday:

6:47am: awake for the day and nurse
8:15am: solids for breakfast
8:30am: play time inside and outside
10:30am: snack
11:30am: nurse
11:45am: nap
2:15pm: awake and snack
4:00pm: solids for dinner
4:15pm: play
7:20pm: nurse
7:30pm bt
5:15am: up and talking, have her her lovey, didn't work. Have her her paci, did t work. Did pupd for 0 min, did work

Basically, what should we be doing when she wakes early? We had heard that pupd isn't always the best for ew b/c it can rile more than settle...Also, since she likes to make changes to her schedule early, what is your overall feeling about our routine?

Thank you!

Lisa

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 11 month old, just started sttn now EW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:21:10 am »
Wow, so she's been on one nap since she was 9 mo old?  She is really young to have transitioned to 1 nap.

I'm thinking that the ew may be caused by OT especially if she has had a shorter nap.  Then her last A is really long and resulting in OT.  When she short naps, I'd try for a CN in the mid afternoon or bring her bt forward so she is less OT. 

Also, I'm assuming you have black out blinds, etc?  Stimulation (ie. light, birds singing, traffic, etc) can also wake her since we tend to sleep lighter in the morning. 

HTH