Author Topic: 8.5 month old refusing to be spoonfed  (Read 1531 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
8.5 month old refusing to be spoonfed
« on: June 15, 2013, 13:16:26 pm »
Hi

My 8.5 month old has just started to refuse to be spoonfed and wants to do it himself. He will allow me to feed him bits of food with my hands which is good except for yoghurt which he is happy for me to feed him from a spoon!

Problem is he is not able to use a spoon yet and actually get any food in his mouth but thinks it is a great game to drop the spoon on the floor so I need to go down the finger food baby-led weaning approach.

I had not thought I would need to do this so soon and feel really unprepared in terms of good, nutritious meals to give him which he can feed himself. A lot of what we eat is either sandwiches for lunch and then dishes in a sauce which would be too sloppy for hand feeding/self feeding at present. Should I go down the meat and 2/3 veg route?

I guess I am looking for some inspiration and not overdoing it on processed food/salt intake etc to get me going and feeling confident about a BLW approach as want to ensure he is getting enough to eat. Plus any ideas for breakfast as we had been feeding porridge/weetabix but these have been refused aswell now!

Thanks in advance!

Offline Papaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
Re: 8.5 month old refusing to be spoonfed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 13:20:14 pm »
Have you seen the BLW support thread? Lots of good ideas there! Baby Led Weaning Support Thread #11
*Nuala*