Author Topic: 15 months and still waking  (Read 814 times)

Offline hokievol

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 17, 2013, 18:26:20 pm »
I followed the EASY plan with my baby from birth and had a great experience.  She goes to sleep like a dream, better than any child I have ever known, that part is not a problem for nighttime or naps.  She says "night night" and she's out cold.  The problem is that at 15 months old, she is still getting up at least once most nights.  My husband and I are exhausted, and we have a 12 year old in the home who is also effected.  Here are the answers to the preliminary questions, any help would be greatly appreciated. 
What’s his/her daily routine?:  We continue to follow the EASY routine.  She eats upon waking, sometimes twice before sleeping depending on hunger and growth spurts but is never fed to sleep.
What’s nap routine?:  She wakes about 7am, naps for 1 1/2-2 hours at 9:30 and 2:30 (give or take a 1/2 hour depending on wake-up time)
What's bedtime routine? Time?:  7-7:30pm is bedtime.  She gets a bath every other day, pajamas and diaper, milk with stories (doesn't take it in the crib with her or anything), then I lay her down with her blanket, say goodnight and leave.  She has a fan for white noise.
Do you bottle or breastfed??: She is on solids and milk from straw cup
How many wakes per night?: At least one, lately 3-4
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up?:  Sometimes she is up for hours, sometimes she just wakes up, yells, and goes back to sleep, but most of the time she cries until we come in and then cries when we leave. 
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?: She is crying when we go to her.
What have you tried to settle??: We have tried timed crying, co-sleeping, picking up-soothing-back down
What do you do for A time and how long is it?: She is up for at least 2-3 hours at a time, we play with toys, outside in the kiddie pool, errands, etc
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?: Teething and walking right now, this has gone on off and on for months, though.
Do they have a prop? If so what is it?:  Is her thumb a prop??
Do they have a lovie?:  Yes, yellow crocheted blanket.