Author Topic: 5 am WUs @ 7 months!  (Read 1012 times)

Offline crazymama2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 20, 2013, 15:04:43 pm »
Hi all! DD is 7 months and have been sleeping 11-12 hrs straight no feed for about 3 weeks now. Naps have been amazing as well. All of a sudden yesterday and today, she's up at 5/530am ready to get up. She is not crying, she just wakes up and plays in her crib, until I get her at 7 - wonderful but we are in the same room so i am still not sleeping. I don't understand what is going on. I think that at some points she does fall asleep for maybe 10-15 min because I myself also pass out. Then the naps started being 30-40 min long. She wakes up and again is playing. I don't go to her since she's not crying. And many times she falls back asleep but sometimes it takes her 40 min of playing to get back to sleep! She doesn't have any props like paci or rocking or breast. Just her comfort object(small blankie). In the last 3 weeks she started to roll over back to tummy one way and went 3-2 naps 1.5 weeks ago. Here's a sample schedule of the days we had before the last two.

715am - WU
730 - breast
9 - solids (fruit and cereal)
945 - nap
around 12pm - WU and breast
1pm - fruits
230pm - yogurt and breast
3pm - nap
430 - WU a little breast
5pm - dinner (veggies and cereal)
715- bottle of breastmilk
730/745 - BT

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 5 am WUs @ 7 months!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:44:11 am »
Hi there, (((hugs))), EWs are never fun.  Your EASY looks pretty good, so I don't think there's an issue there.  You might try pushing her morning A to 3hr and then capping the nap at 2hr, but that's getting pretty picky.

It sounds to me like the biggest culprit might be developmental in that she's rolling over and she may be waking early and 'practicing' that.  There's not much you can do to fix this, except to give a lot of practice during the day.

Other reasons for waking early can be digestive issues.  I notice that she's having quite a lot of solids for a 7mo old.  Has she been on them for awhile?  Have you recently added new things?

Do you think she's working on any teeth?  That would be another reason to wake and then go back to sleep.