Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 68943 times)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« on: June 24, 2013, 19:17:59 pm »
Good luck with the bumpy transition, ladies.

Remember, please no posts m-a-r-k-i-n-g your spot, they'll be removed. Chat on!

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 19:46:24 pm »
Thank you My Little Liam, we are very blessed to have a beautiful healthy little boy!

Siobhan I don't think I would dare even open his room door once he's down for the night, he's such a light sleeper. I know I need to just stick to the set naps and push through, I don't think the 2 naps are going to work for us now. Its just hard keeping him going the last hour or so and getting him to eat when he's so tired is sooo hard. I just hope we can get a good nap on Saturday before his 1st birthday party.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 22:03:14 pm »
I totally hear you. Liam is a deep sleeper thank goodness. Our house is so creaky and everything makes noise so I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't. I'm doing a semi-EBT today. Only a 4.5hr A since he woke early from his nap since they once again are working on our street. ARGH.. So we'll see what tonight brings. I just needed a break and he was exhausted so even if he wakes early at least it will be a longer night.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:51:26 pm »
I had some luck with pushing out her first nap yesterday. She's still EW me at around 5:30-6 so i'm going to keep extending her and hopefully she will sleep in the mornings so we can get to a 12pm nap.

Do set naps work with EWing babies?
She's doing about 10 to 10.5 hrs at night and 1h 40 nap during the day. I did do a cn yesterday and it resulted in a later bt so we had a long 5am to 8pm day

Also, I seem to be getting only 1h 25-30 min naps a lot. Is that Ut or OT?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 17:00:24 pm by Logansmommy2 »

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 13:17:38 pm »
I'm guessing here but I think if the nap too early for them then they wake early and so you do Bt early and it becomes a vicious circle. 12 is my target the moment, but he was a huge grump master this morning and we only managed till 11.35 this was after a 5.20am WU. He then napped for only 1hr35, but is happier than when he went to sleep thankfully,  so not sure what BT to do, do I stick to 7pm or bring it forward a little to 6.30pm?? WWYD?

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 22:14:44 pm »
Well I tried to push her out to a 6pm bed time and she is way OT and fighting bt. Should I stick with pushing her out or try to cn her if she has a short nap?

This is tricky business!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 22:35:14 pm »
Logans mommy is she 2? If she is I would just go to set naps/set bt and get away from 2 naps all together. What is your current routine? Hayley sorry I didn't see this until now. What did you end up doing? Liam woke at 5:30 this morning didn't get him out of bed till 6, Nap at 11:30 Woke at 1, apop'd him till 1:30 and BT at 6:30. He's a little OT but I've just got to bite the bullet and start pushing that nap out to 12 BT at 7. :)

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 23:15:09 pm »
Sorry, no she is 13 months. I haven't updated my ticker from my first daughter!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 00:17:10 am »
Oh ok. :) Sorry since we are on a new thread haven't caught up on your other ones but are you doing short am long pm? one nap with eBT?

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 01:22:13 am »
A bit of both actually!
She was moving towards 1 nap at 12 months. Somedays she would give me a long 2+hr nap and that would be it for the day. Some days she would need a 15min cn a few hours before bed.
At 12 months she had surgery and needed to be in arm restraints and she was a thumb sucker so it all went to heck in a handbasket.
I'm just now starting to get longer than 20-30 min naps from her as she's slowly starting to self soothe a bit.

She's teething/and going through crawling/pulling up milestones at the same time and she's completely refusing the second nap. I tried her on a short am long pm, but she started refusing the pm nap too. So I decided to try to push her out a bit in her A time and see if we could get onto one nap that way. It seems to be working better but I have to AP a CN in the car if she doesn't nap long enough to make it to bed time.
Yesterday that resulted in a 5am to 8pm day as she wasn't interested in going to bed so today I did 1 nap and tried for EBT at 545, but she screamed till 645 so I'm not sure which route to take!

She's been EW around 5- 530 and doing 10hrs at night. Previous to surgery she would do a 2+hr nap and 12 hrs at night.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:24:39 am »
Asbout 10-12 months we were doing a combo of ether long Am, short pm then Short Am to long PM. The first worked until he started to refuse the secon dnap. The second worked for 2 weeks but he just became an OT mess in the morning becuase he stopped being able to stay awake for long periods of time. So at 12 months we just went to one nap and that was that. He went through a GS where he was doign 11hr days and 13hr nights. But those days are long gone. We are dealing with 5:30 EW's. It doesn't seem to matter if he goes to bed at 6 or 6:45 he still wakes at 5:30. So at this point I'm just going to set nap 11:30 BT 6:30 until things even out then I'll start pushing to 11:45 then 12 over a period of a week. I'll let you know how it goes

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 15:28:32 pm »
I think I'm going to try to do the same. See if I can get her on one nap and AP a cn if she's OT. Right now I'm pushing her out to 4h 40min A time and she's not quite giving me a good nap, but I hope she will after a bit of adjustment. Last night she  went to bed at 5:45 and finally fell asleep at 6:45 had a 1h 30min night wake which is rare for her but then slept till 6:30 and that's her longest time in bed for a month.

I'm getting anywhere from 1h20m naps to 1h 40m naps. Hoping they stretch out soon. It's been a tough month after surgery!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 15:31:49 pm »
The only thing is if you are doing set naps you don't do a CN to catch up. The point of doing set naps/set BT is to get your lo used to that higher A time so if you go back to a CN then it defeats the purpose. I know some who jsut do A times i.e. 5-5.5hrs then if they start seeing OT set in they'll do one day of a CN to help catch up. I found that did me no good and he ended up still waking early the next day and becausde of the cn he went to bed later and had a shorter night. So we are sticking with Set nap/set bed time with one nap.

It's tough because on two naps 1hr20min is a UT nap, but on one nap considered an OT nap. Is 4hrs 40min the longest A she's done or did you dial it back a bit due to OT? A LO needs to be able to handle at least 4hrs 45min and take a good 2hr nap to be on one nap.

**Siobhan**

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 16:20:24 pm »
Well last night wasn't great, I saw a post that my little Liam had written about her success with SEBT so thought I'd give it a whirl and he was asleep by 5.30pm
Woke screaming at 3.30am and I had to give milk with ibuprofen as I think it may be his teeth bothering him, tool till 4.45am to re-settle him then woke at 6.30am. Was pretty good this morning so we did 11.30am nap and he woke after 1hr10??? So is that OT, UT or just teeth? When we were on 2 naps 1hr10 would be UT, but if that's the case he's ready for more than 5 hrs awake time?? I'm stumped, but gonna try pain meds before nap and a nap at 11.45 tomorrow, see what we get. BT tonight hoping for 6.30.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 17:05:16 pm »
That's sounds like pain too me.  Can you do Earlier bt than 6:30

**Siobhan**