Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 67979 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 17:20:32 pm »
Well we had a 5:30 wake Up again.  I put down at 11:30 for set nap.  He also till 1:45 which is better them Yesterday.  He's trying to resettle but can't. 
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 18:40:09 pm »
It ended up being just before 6.30, straight to sleep no problem. Do you think I should stick with 11.30 and just medicate the nap Siobhan? Pain meds at the ready for the NWs!
11.30-1.45 is a great nap, I'd take that!! We were getting 2.5 hrs at 11.30 until I went and did a 2 nap day and then it went wrong, I won't be doing that again!!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 21:13:35 pm »
Ha sorry no he did 1hr and 45 min my typo. Yeah same here thought I'd do a cn day 2 weeks ago and that was a big mistake.

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 22:05:16 pm »
Ah, that makes total sense! Both of our days went pretty close to the same except we got an 1h 50m nap today but lots of bt resistance again.
She does a 4h 40m A time, but it takes her 10-15 to fall asleep so I haven't pushed her out more yet. I will give her one more day to adjust and then see if I can push her out again. She seems ready to be on 1 nap but just needs time to adjust. we are close to a routine but still suffering some bumps and bt resistance. I think some of that is related to the surgery to be honest. Previous to surgery I could put her to bed at any time and she would go to bed without a fuss.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 23:08:59 pm »
Yeah I can see how the surgery etc would cause some relapse on sleep training. What are you doing to help her SS agian for BT. Is she the same way for naps or just BT? What was her A time before surgery? Have you tried the capped AM nap and longer pm nap routine?

**Siobhan**

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 03:03:17 am »
Up until the last 2 days it has been the same for nap as bt. she would cry/sit up. I've been letting her fuss a bit to try to give her the opportunity to self soothe. I am doing PD/WO if she gets up which she is responding well too. If her cry escalates I will go in and pat her bum or if she is really upset I will pick her up and snuggle till she settles and back into bed. Seems to be working, but is taking some time.
Before surgery she was on a 4h 20m nap and I think she was getting close to needing an extension. she did 4h 20 in the am and 4h 30 in the pm usually with a 15m CN.

I did try capping the am nap and she started refusing the pm nap so I switched to extending her A time and have had a lot more success and less tears (on both our parts) with that. Just not quite there yet. Tonight she gave me a good fight for 30m but settled into sleep at 6:30. Better than last night's 1h fight!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:32 am »
how did the night go? We had a much better night. yesterday was a wake up of 530 set nap of 1130 slept 1hr45 min but I apopd till 1:45 set bt of 6:30.:he slept till 6:30. He cried out at 4:45 but ss. Of course I was up from then on but oh well. Think we will do 11:45 today given the good night.

**Siobhan**

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 12:40:23 pm »
We tried all of the combinations too Logansmommy2, and ended with capped am but refusal of the pm nap, so we're now on set naps... as i've had enough of trying to juggle A time and these early mornings they are vile, making an unhappy baby & mummy. I'm supposed to be studying at the moment but haven't for the last week as I am just so tired and i'm surviving on sugar and caffine at the moment!

So rubbish nap of 1hr10mins, finishing at 12.40 yesterday, BT at 6.30 we had a NW at 2.55 that I gave him meds and he slept till 5.55 out of the cot at 6.40. It seems we now have the other front tooth coming through so that's 4 at once... poor love  :( did early lunch and gave meds after, was planning for 11.30 nap but he was so happy and playing that it ended up being 12.15 before he was asleep... eeek I know! But we'll see what happens! I'm at my parents now till Sunday so have plenty of hands to keep him entertained if he wakes in a grump and short naps. I'm beginning to wonder whether I am being too cautious and confusing teething pain with tiredness, maybe he is ready for the big jump. I'm going to stick to a short A to bedtime regardless of when he wakes, he's pretty good and will just roll around/play until he's tired enough.

Is there any point at which you should cap the nap ie 3 hours or is it just let them sleep as long as they like at this stage?

Siobhan, glad you guys had a better night & hope the 11.45 nap works for you, fx!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 15:58:44 pm »
We didn't make it to 11:45. I think his teeth were bothering him. He was just so cranky. Had no appetite etc. So I put him down at 11:30. At least I know he's not OT so we'll see whats' what

**Siobhan**

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 16:08:58 pm »
Well we got a 1hr45 nap so probably need to pull it back to 12pm tomorrow, he's been cranky but I think the meds we're waring off but trying to keep him going till near BT, which planning on for 6.30 tonight.
Hope you got a 2hr nap from him!!

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 11:55:03 am »
not a great day yesterday EW at 6 down for set nap at 11 but only 1h 20m nap. Put her down for set bt at 6, asleep at 6:30 but was up at 4:50. Tried to ss till 5:30am.
So should I stick with set nap for try for a capped am nap?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
if you are going to do set nap you really need to stick with it. So it doesn't matter if they are early wake or not you do 15 minutes plus or minus for naptime and 30 minutes plus or minus for bedtime.it can take up to a week or two for them to settle in we are only on day 3 and I've had two bad night and one good night.

**Siobhan**

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 12:42:24 pm »
So we had NW at 1.30 SS the. 3.30 when I gave meds, slept then till 6.30 after a 6.30 BT so an okay night.
He woke happy but was the niggley from 9am which I think was teeth lots of chewing, but no drool? And won't let me near his mouth, but only wants me, I got tired of all the carrying so did pd at 11.45 aiming for 12 nap and he was straight asleep, it's now 1.40 so I'm expecting a wake up anytime now.

Siobhans right if you decide to go to set naps you do need to stick with it, we are on day 8, although we did have one 2 nap day as I was doubting myself, that was a disaster and only confirmed that one nap was for us. If you really don't think she's ready stick with capped am, long pm for a little while longer. I think you do have to give it time for their bodies to catch up with the routine and OT is expected during the transition.

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 12:46:51 pm »
Ok sounds good. I will stick with set nap. I just worry so much about OT causing even worse EW mornings! I'm sooo not a morning person and Logan (who is now 3) stays up till 8:30 so it's a long day :) Hoping it will settle in, in a few weeks.

That was a huge A time for her. We got a 30m nap. It is going to be a fun afternoon!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 15:42:30 pm by Logansmommy2 »

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 16:01:16 pm »
That was a huge A time for her. We got a 30m nap. It is going to be a fun afternoon!!

Sorry :( I would do a 30min earlier BT. She's definitely OT.

Liam woke at 5:30 this morning and no amount of APOP was getting him back to sleep. He was chatty cathy happy to lay in my arms but not sleeping at all. So at 6 we got up. I would have just left him in the crib but I went to put him back down and he had a meltdown on me and I just refuse to start my morning doing wiwo. He was whiny all morning so I think it's teething related. Went to put him down 15min early so 11:15 and he was so OT he had a meltdown. Not looking like it's going to be a good nap but we'll see.

i think this has turned into the Set nap forum. :) It's nice to have other mamas though to chat with and really just to know we aren't alone in our children's devious plans to take away our sanity. ;)

**Siobhan**