Author Topic: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6  (Read 69396 times)

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: Support Thread for 2-1 Nap Transition cont'd pt 6
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2015, 17:02:46 pm »
In case you need them...here are links to some methods for help with baby sleeping independently, NWs, lengthening naps, etc......

PU/PD
How to PU/PD (inc age adaptations)

GW and WIWO for toddlers
Toddlers: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

Wake to sleep for naps
How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2015, 20:18:39 pm »
Thanks ginger413 appreciate the links.  I don't have much control on Wed and Thurs as my little one is at daycare  :( I just have to roll with it.

Yesterday she fell asleep at the lunch table at 11:30 and they transferred her to the sleep room, she woke but they were able to shush her back to sleep, but unfortunately only for 10 minutes.  They attempted again around 1:30 but no luck.

Apparently she had a lovely afternoon and did seem in good spirits when I picked her up.  After bath getting into jammies was a bit hard, lots of crying unless she was wrapped around my neck which made it hard for dad to do up buttons.  Story time was good but her bedtime feed was a bit rubbish.  Really hard to keep her awake.  Sound asleep by 5:50. 

We had a blip at 7:50 and the cry wasn't her normal I can do this on my own cry so I went in and shushed and rubbed her back.  Took about 10 minutes but we didn't hear from her again until 5:40.

We shall see what today brings!

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2015, 20:32:20 pm »
Every day is a new day :).  Be kind to yourselves mamas, you're all doing great jobs!
Mum to DD born April 2014 and DS born April 2016.

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:12 am »
Pretty good day today!  Woke at 6 so I was all set to try for 11:30.  That was a bit premature as when I popped her in the highchair for morning tea (which turned into lunch) I started to get some really good tired signs.

So 10:45 we went down.  Couple of bum strokes and we were asleep.  In total we had 1h40 with resettling after 30-60 and 80 minutes.  Feeling very proud of my lo.

Afternoon was a bit long as you can imagine but she did really well.  Stayed awake during bedtime feed so able to pop her down awake at 6 but it didn't go well  :-[ I couldn't settle her and neither could my hubby. So I picked her up and gave her cuddles.  She was squeezing me so tight  :-[ Cuddled in the chair for a bit then stood cuddling her beside the cot.  Popped her in and she gave a little grizzle.  One shush from me and asleep.

How long do you cuddle/relax with your lo's after finishing bedtime boob?  I'm wondering if I rushed her and that caused the meltdown. That and being awake 5.5 hours!

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2015, 08:05:13 am »
Sounds great First Mum :)

Are you in New Zealand too?

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2015, 08:08:19 am »
Hey ladymugg we sure are  :) we are in the Hawkes Bay.  Where are you?

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2015, 08:09:16 am »
Rotovegas... ;)

I got the idea we were on the same timezone haha!

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2015, 08:15:06 am »
lol!  I'm new to this forum thingy so had no idea how to update my profile?!?  I have now found my location :-)

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:23 am »
Oh cool!  I tend to find a lot of people from here are in the UK so get replies at the other end of the day ;)

I am a bit of a newbie around here too, I tend to ask more questions than I answer but trying to reverse that.  Gee it is hard with a little one to try to give back to things like this!  I just forget, I guess.

I think you sound like you're doing fine.  Did you consider a quick catnap this afternoon?  Or will it just not happen?  My little girl just doesn't want to catnap anymore so I hear you on that one!

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2015, 08:23:58 am »
I thought as much!  Feel like I don't know anything so not sure I'd have anything to offer!!

Will def consider if the nap is early tomorrow.  I've had no experience of a later bedtime so a bit worried about that?  What time do you suggest I do the cn and would you move her bedtime from 6pm.  My hubby and I often talk about how good a later bedtime would be but with so much going on for her at the moment I'm reluctant to start messing with something else.

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2015, 08:28:33 am »
I don't know tbh, I just wing what I do.  Our routine is a bit like this:

6 am WU
6.30 am sip of milk
8 am breakfast
11.15 am lunch
11.30/12 pm sleep
1.30 pm wake up
3 pm snack
5.15 pm dinner and last cup of milk
6.45 lights out

So.... I like that later bedtime because it allows hubby to have some time with her when he gets home from work.  I suspect it will get later over time and we have an earlier dinner together and then bed.  But if 6 pm works for you then that's fine.  But I think if my LO went to bed at 6 she would definitely wake at 5 or 5.30 (I mean she does sometimes now, but not consistently).

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2015, 08:40:19 am »
It amazes me how all the babies can be so different!!  :D

How old is your LO?

The middle of our day is a bit all over the show at the moment with sorting this nap but her wake up is pretty consistent 6-6:15.  We've had a couple of ew over the last couple of weeks with illness but our day starts at 6.  Sometimes that meant resettling or if we were tired the earliest we would bring her into our is 5:30. Breakfast at 6:30am dinner is at 4:30-4:45 Dad does bath and stories and I usually start feeding 5:40 down at 6pm.

When talking with my mum its interesting what she wrote in my plunket book about me and my sleeping habits.  She often tells me I was "up at 6 down at 6" apparently until I was about 4  :o

Offline ladymugg

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:15 am »
Ah well I'd just roll with it then!  Although sometimes you must be like "I wish it was 7-7!!"

My LO is 15 months, born 8/4/14.  What about yours?

Me personally, I try not to bring her in with us if she wakes up early as they say that can encourage the earlier wake ups.  Something to think about?  (Although I haven't had experience with that, I'm just deathly afraid of pre-6am becoming the norm!!). 

:)

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2015, 09:22:37 am »
Ah yes 7-7 would be ideal!!  I love the snuggles :P its definitely a last resort and its been a few weeks since its happened  :-[

My LO is 14 months born 13/5/14

Did you notice a big change with how you LO improved with handling awake times, did it happen suddenly?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2015, 14:19:28 pm »
Hi ladies, been off for a while from this thread but we are struggling a bit. Pretty much just having one nap but just can't get out of horrible early mornings :( :( DS is also (still) teething canines - two to go! - and has a cough which doesn't help but I would love some thoughts/advice if anyone has them.

WU has been around 5.30am give or take, BT at 6/6.30pm for ages.  Not technically EW I know, but just too ridiculously early!  So I've started trying to push BT closer to 7.  So far all that's done is make DS take longer naps ::) great you would think but he's been pulling off some 3h naps, even at daycare :o and then doing a 10/10.5h night.  Total sleep all good at around 13.5h but OT from long morning A (set nap at 11.45ish) and short nights.  I think I need to cap his nap, right?  Seems ridiculous at this age but I want him to sleep in the morning, not the day!  What would you do?