Author Topic: Introducing 2nd and 3rd meal  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Introducing 2nd and 3rd meal
« on: June 25, 2013, 00:18:40 am »
Hi everyone!
So DD is 5 1/2 months and ive just introduced solids, ive started on fruit and so far she seems to be ok, not eating it all but deffinatly interested and trying it and opening her mouth for it so thats good! My question is, after looking back through the BW books Tracy sugests to start with one meal the 1st week, 2nd meal the 2nd week and so on, the thing is we are off on holiday at yhe end of this week, will be away for two weeks, can i stick with one meal in the morning and just introduce her to different flavours and introduce the 2 nd meal when we get back or is that leaving it too long?
I just think that its going to be a lot to deal with while we are away. We are travelling 24 hrs to England,staying for 4 days then heading on to Portugal for 10 days before travelling back, also there is a 4 hr time difference! Im freaking out about all that, then more solids too!!!!
Any tips please?? Thank you soooo much!!!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Introducing 2nd and 3rd meal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:02 am »
Just continue as you are until you get back from your trip.  The recommendation is to hold off on solids until 6 months anyway (although some begin a little earlier) so there is no problem continuing with just one meal for the duration of your trip, and even a couple of weeks following your return if she is not that interested in the solids.  There is no hurry and you are not going to miss some magical window whereby she stays on milk for the rest of her life :)

Enjoy your trip!

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Introducing 2nd and 3rd meal
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:39:30 am »
Thank you! ! :D that eases my mind! ! X