Author Topic: PLEASE HELP THIS EXHAUSTED MAMA!  (Read 2411 times)

Offline kr1kinney

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:58 am »
Well, its been a little while since I last updated and I wish I had better news  :(.  Today went pretty good, I have been able to stretch the morning time out and naps have been going great.  Today, LO woke at about 6:30, napped about 10:00-11:00, napped again at about 2:30-about 4:00.  I nursed him to sleep at about 7:30 using the gradual withdrawal method that has been working great, but when I went to put him down, he shot up and started crawling around.  I tried to rub his back, say night night, and ssshhhing sounds but he was just talking and wide awake.  I went back to nursing him to sleep but he was not acting drowsy at all.  So we just got up and played until he started showing signs of sleepiness again, which wasn't until about 9:00.  I tried just putting him down in his crib before that and telling him its night night time.  Then I stayed in the room and he stood up for the first time in his crib.  His 2nd top tooth is also breaking through this week.  Should I just chalk this night up to milestones and teething? 

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: PLEASE HELP THIS EXHAUSTED MAMA!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 01:36:44 am »
Should I just chalk this night up to milestones and teething? 
that's what it looks like to me, especially the crawling around and standing.  When he's standing, is he crying or in "party mode"?  I know it's hard but I would leave him be if he's not crying even though he's awake.  He might surprise you and settle down and sleep on his own.  If he starts to cry then you can go to him and soothe him with back rubs and shh-ing.  Hope the rest of the night goes alright.