Author Topic: Dairy Challenge  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Dairy Challenge
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 13:39:04 pm »
Thanks. Its hard to tell how much he's drinking as the sippy cups don't have meausrments. But I offer water all the time its always available for him to grab when he wants it. His poop seems back to normal went twice yesterday but nothing in the afternoon. He has been waking up once each night not sure why. Most times a quick pat and he's back off. Last night he woke at 1:50 and was throwing himself around the crib crying. Even when I picked him up he was crying and thrashing. Finally got him calmed down and patted back to sleep. Not sure what it was about. Pain maybe? Gave him tylenol and he slept till 6:10.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 14:57:57 pm »
Hiya, things like going on holiday always throws things out of sorts a bit when doing trials etc! Keep up with the liquids, as pp says hard to say what is normal water intake. Olly drinks lots so I don't worry about him and don't watch how much he has. I know other LOs just don't need so much. Can you try ice lollies too? Assume it is hot at the beach?!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 10:44:15 am »
Oh gosh we are only at the beach for an hour he gets bored lol. Is he old enoigh for ice pops? If so then I can try those. I always offer the aippy or water straight from the cup..

**Siobhan**

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 16:52:46 pm »
Sorry forgot he is only a year  :P. You could make ice lollies from juice if worried about the sugar in shop bought ones?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 17:05:13 pm »
I meant more do you think he can handle them I.e. not biting off to big a piece? :)

**Siobhan**

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 01:41:35 am »
I have made some homemade coconut milk and frozen berries popsicles (pop it all in the blender then freeze) which DS1 and 2 love.  For DS2 I froze them in ice cubes trays instead and then pop them in one of those baby mesh feeder things (I figured it was just easier for him to hold that way).  He could probably handle a regular one, but very little mess this way!  As well DS2 has had a couple of freezies, complements of MIL ::), which he very quickly gobbled up no choking involved, so I would give ice pops a try with your DS as they are about the same age!

Read your post about fluid intake.  For DS2 he drinks two 9oz bottles of formula and then 2-4oz of water or "alternative" milk total (whatever I decide to randomly put in his cup...) through out the day.  So that would make roughly 20-24oz/day, though all LOs vary with this!
-Nadia

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »
I would love that recipe thanks so much.

**Siobhan**

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 22:19:40 pm »
Yum that does sound good  :)

Offline Canadian_Mom

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 15:02:10 pm »
So to keep you in suspense about the recipe, but there is none (I never though I would ever say that!!). All I put in it was frozen berries and coconut milk, I think equal parts of both?  I made it just a little thinner than I would like my smoothies and that was it! I had a taste test (ok...I had a cup full) and added a little more berries and it was too coconuttie for my tastes. So I guess it is just like a frozen smoothie maybe??
-Nadia

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 15:35:42 pm »
Thanks. So we tried cheese, made him horrible constipated. Then we tried yogurt and his poop was like pudding and was definitely affecting his tummy as his naps went to pot and I could tell he was uncomfortable. So back to sq 1 I guess?

**Siobhan**

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 15:40:06 pm »
Is he still doing ok with baked milk?
Elise

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 15:47:50 pm »
He seems to be it's hard to tell. I stopped all dairy and will start adding it back in today. I was trying to think of things he could have with baked milk besides a loaf of bread?

**Siobhan**

Offline Canadian_Mom

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 15:52:57 pm »
Really hope baked milk is still ok, as that makes things at least a little easier! Maybe try tortillas? Muffins?

If you are looking for alternatives to the expensive formula (we never had coverage so have always had to pay for it :P, thank goodness I saved up a little nest egg for when I was on mat leave!) I had a post going a little further down asking people what they chose to do for their LOs once they turned one if you want to take a look at it!  I decided to stick with trying to give about 14 oz/day of formula (slowly decreasing to that) for now just for less stress about what he is eating, and doing rice/coconut milk through out the day.  Though it might be a little less than that as we deop the morning bottle. Also thought I would mention to you that had him weight today and he hasn't really gained any weight in the last 3 months, though he eats just fine. I know that you were stressing about your DS's weight and thought I would let you know that he seems normal ;)
-Nadia

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 16:50:14 pm »
Does he eat pasta? You could add a little bit of milk to a tomate sauce to make it a rosé sauce? Muffins are a great idea too like Nadia said. It could be chicken or fish cooked in a sauce with some milk.

Don't be discouraged... M gets constipated on cheese but he tolerates dairy just fine. Which yogurt did you try? I would go for a high-fat content, very natural type of yogurt. You could also try goat's milk yogurt if you're not sure about cow's milk? I've just transitionned M to goat's milk recently. It is supposed to be easier to digest although lots of LO's who react to cow's milk will also react to goat's milk.
Elise

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 17:35:33 pm »
I can try and copy you what our hospital gave us to reintroduce milk?

Step 1 was hidden milk so in biscuits etc.
Step 2 was cooked milk ie it had been in the oven for 30 mins or more. Lasagne, cauliflower cheese, cottage pie etc

Try to stick with those 2 first?