Author Topic: Dairy Challenge  (Read 8205 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Dairy Challenge
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 17:00:21 pm »
Thanks we are going to try biscuits next. He's good with pancakes and bread so far.  As for the yogurt we tried greek yogurt as that's what we had in the house and he liked it. But his poop is finally back to normal so I know it was the yogurt. :/.. We'll keep trying. Next we were told to try cottage cheese so that's what we'll try plus the baked milk he's already seemingly doing ok with.

I did buy almond milk because we really can't afford the formula anymore. at 325 for 6 cans on one income now it's just not feasible. We dug deep for the 1st year but we've just got to stop it now. So I might try introducing that next. He's ok on peanut butter so I think he'll be ok. Any idea how to introduce it? Maybe use it baked like regular milk or just offer it in a sippy cup?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2013, 03:08:08 am »
I would just give the almond milk to him in a sippy cup. He seems to have no other issues other than milk and soy right? Have you trialled any soy recently? I would definitely prefer soy milk over the others as it has at least the calcium and the protein, but soy is definitely still a no for us over here :P I hear you on the expensive formula!! No way we could do it on one income!!

Boo to the yogurt not working :(
-Nadia

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2013, 11:45:55 am »
We haven't trialed soy yet. We have an apt on the 29th with the GI, I'm going to ask for a referral to a Dietician just to make sure I'm covering all his basis. He's such a picky eater. Not in what he'll eat (although he still wont eat meat) but in how much. He eats about a 1/3rd of what is suggested no matter how, when, or in what I give it to him.

Hopefully cottage cheese will go over better since it's high in good fats. :) Fingers crossed. But baked milk seems to be doing just fine. Did night 3 of no reflux meds so far so good so will have to wait a bit on the cottage cheese trial.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**