Author Topic: Still not sleeping!  (Read 932 times)

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
Still not sleeping!
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:31:24 am »
My Daughter is a little over 2.5 years old and still doesn't sleep through the night...not even close.
She had a medical issue which required us to wake her for the first year of her life so I expect that is why she' s not a great sleeper, but I worry some of it might be her day time routine.

Typically she is up around 7 and naps from 12:30-2:00 with a bed time around 8pm. She's highly spirited so it is often difficult to read her. My younger text book baby is a piece of cake so all of the BW techniques make much more sense than with my first.

Do I need to push her nap time later and bed time up?
She typically is up 2-4 times a night and still calls me into her room.

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: Still not sleeping!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:20:52 am »
sorry your post was missed. How are things now?
Have you tried capping her nap to an hour? It may be that she is a bit UT which is causing the NWings.
How do you handle them? Does she have a gro-clock so she knows when it is time to sleep and when it is time to get up?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:39:48 am »
Sorry I missed this.
I haven't capped her naps yet. I just started to wake her after an hour an a half because she is now giving me some EW mornings before 6.
I usually just  go in and pat her or cover her up and she typically goes back to sleep if she has a NW.

Right now she's sleeping 9 hours at night and 2 during the day. She would likely sleep over 2 if I would let her.
I don't have a gro clock, but I do talk to her about when it's too early to wake ect...
Might be a good idea to get one.

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:43:48 am »
9 hours at night is very low even for a spirited lo. If it were me I would cap the nap and see if she will sleep longer at night. x

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:57:46 am »
Should I cap at 1h or 1h 30? She is used to doing 2h naps. She's just shy of 3 so I'm wondering if she's starting the 1-0 switch. I really hope not. I have a 1yo as well who is doing the 2-1 and i'm pooped :)

Offline *Becky*

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:25 pm »
afraid so hun...she has done well though. We started 1-0 at about 2 but he made it to 3.5 before giving them up completely.

I would cap to 1.5 for now but stick to it for a good 10 days or so and then go down to 1 hour. x

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:12 pm »
Since it has been going on for such a long time, I wonder if you are a prop for her in the night or if there is another cause rather than routine :-\.  You say she is doing 9 hours at night - what is her 'routine' at the mo?  Could you post the last few days for us? 

Also, can I ask what was her health issue - is it resolved now?  Does she wake at the same times and what does she do when she wakes?  Any history of reflux?

My dd is still not sttn either (turning 2 this week) so I empathise  :-* :-*
Claire x

Offline Logansmommy2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Sweet Spirited Logan
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 12:23:40 pm »
I'm sure I am a prop!
It kind of became that way due to her condition. She has a genetic condition that required me to wake and feed her every 3-4 hours for the first year so she never was really allowed to sleep at night. She's used to me coming in and is also very spirited so she would scream/cry as soon as she woke...every time so I went in.

right now she is up at a little before six. nap time at 12:30 and I usually wake her at 2:30 or she will sleep till 3.
She goes down for bed at 8-8:30 but has been taking till 9 to go to bed.
She gets OT and OS very easily and sleep has always been an issue for her.

Her condition is ongoing but luckily she doesn't suffer from any symptoms. We just have to stay on top of preventative measures.
She doesn't always wake at the same time, but usually between 12-3 and/or 5-6

Thank  you Becky, I will try that. I capped her yesterday at a little under 2h so I will push back to 1h30 today.