Author Topic: 4.5 weeks. 2hr+ NWings. Day/night confusion?  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 4.5 weeks. 2hr+ NWings. Day/night confusion?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 09:40:13 am »
Cath, it sounds like there is good progress already :) If you had a better night then it's already good news as far as I'm concerned.
It's more about aiming, yk? Aiming that the A time is a certain time, aiming that there is an order to the routine, but it's a difficult task to do that at such young age, so consider everything you do achieve as a great thing and if things are a bit wonky, like having a bit too long A time just write it off. It will not effect what kind of a sleeper he is going to be when he is a bit older and right now it's more going through the day in the best way you can.

I used A LOT of AP when DS was a baby, but I was conscious when I made this decision and picking the method that worked for us. There was no way I would have rocked, or sat on a chair with him or let him fall asleep on me because I knew I won't be able to maintain those things. So for us it was feeding to sleep and naps in the pram, which I knew I don't mind to do for a very long time, till he is old enough to be ST.
If you know that rocking will be difficult for you then don't even start.

Wind and colic were big issues for us as well. I had to make sure I am burping him properly, even if it took a while, because if I didn't I got no sleep out of him, poor guy. I also used caraway seeds oil to put on his tummy, massaging it in circles, lots of bicycle movements and I was BF then so I drank gallons of Fennel+caraway tea.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:59 am »
Girls have you tried loud white noise? From quite early on I stuck dd2 in the moses, swaddled, dummy, blacked out room and loud noise on a volume that wouldn't deafen her but certainly distracted her from crying lol, and drowned out dd1 x
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 09:56:40 am »
I've never used white noise, definitely something to consider.

I think the wind is the problem here more than anything. I've just had a really hard time getting his wind up and he was sick everywhere :( Finally settled to sleep on me and I've got to disturb him shortly to go and get ollie from school.
Catherine x

Offline cuckoochick

• Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 11:53:02 am »
Yes we've got some digestive issues going on here too! Tons of hiccups and some discomfort. This morning she'd another long A. I tried to feed her to sleep ( she did but woke immediately that I out her down) , rocked her, tried dummy etc. in the end I just put her down in the Moses basket with some lullabies and left her in the dark. She didn't cry and settled herself but she woke after 30 mins. Still that was 30mins spent with C and having breakfast. We cut the next A short and went to DH's work (half an hour drive) and she still didn't sleep!

So she's fussing, wanting to feed but just falling asleep! ::) no doubt when I move her eyes will ping! ::)

*Nicola*