Author Topic: LO refuses solids when is still hungry  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Pompeygirl24

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
LO refuses solids when is still hungry
« on: July 01, 2013, 19:46:11 pm »
My LO is 8 months and is fast turning from what I thought was a textbook baby into a spirited one - I'm not sure if that is connected to my problem. 

My LO will eat some of his savoury and a little of his fruit/yogurt and then he'll let me know he's full and refuse anymore.  However I've found that if I then move him into the lounge and sit him on the sofa, he'll then eat more of anything I give him!  In fact, he gets really excited about it and waves his arms and legs and opens his mouth as wide as anything, and I can easily give him 6 or 7 more spoonfuls of whatever.  I don't really want to do this as obviously it will create a bad habit of eating in the lounge (and in front of the tv) which I don't want.

He is waking about 1030-1100 at night and I can settle him back to sleep a couple of times with my hand on his chest but he wakes again 10 mins later after settling and not even PUPD works (and it does at other times so it's not that he doesn't respond to PUPD) so I have been giving him a few ounces to send him off to sleep but now I'm thinking he is maybe hungry at that time as he's not eating all the solids he could.

I'm not sure if its to do with him being bored easily?  Any suggestions would be welcome!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: LO refuses solids when is still hungry
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 03:08:17 am »
A couple of thoughts --
Do you think maybe he wants to do it himself?  Is he doing many finger foods at the moment or is it all spoon fed?
What's the timing of your solids/milk?  Maybe you need to space it a little differently.