Author Topic: I can't cope :(  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
I can't cope :(
« on: July 03, 2013, 05:02:56 am »
I honestly don't know how I'm going to cope? C has decided that 4am is a good time to wake for a feed and that's fine but he won't go back down :(

He will fall asleep while I fee him but either wake when I take him off the boob or if he stays asleep for that, he screams when I put him in his cot. I feed and try and out him down about 4 times (for about an hour) and then I tried taking him in with me! He won't nurse lying down, he won't lie next to me and just shouts the whole time! He woke L up at 5am!

I had to take him downstairs at 5.30am so we didn't wake L again!! He's crawling about and shouting an I am sat on the couch about to cry! I'm so so tired!

I'm going through a separation just now so I am alone with the kids, there's no one to help or even talk to about it!

I really done know what to do? I can't start my day at 4am!!!!!
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: I can't cope :(
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:16 am »
Ugh Hun I'm so sorry. They know how to time it all don't they :(
What is his naps like ATM? Do you have a loose easy. For us long silly NW at this time were UT, developmental or teeth.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:46 am »
I'm pretty sure it's developmental - in the last 2 weeks he has starte crawling, clapping, waving, talking and got 2 new teeth!!

I just have no coping mechanism for this! I'm waaaay more grumpy than I want to be with him! It doesn't help that he is being VERY vocal too - it's selfish but I really can't listen to him shout and scream all morning when I am so exhausted!!

Naps aren't good because he's at nursery - yesterday was terrible :(

Wu: 4am
S: 5.30am-6am on me
S: 10.05-11.05
S: 3.45 - 4.45
S: 7.15

Then he woke at 4am! He is clearly tired at 4am and seems to want to sleep but I can't can't keep him asleep.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:51:33 am »
What I would do Hun is go for EBT if you can. The naps are ok, but for a 12 hr day YK? So I'd go for as close to 6pm as you can. At 4am I think your doing all you can. We had long NW when T was trying to crawl, WW stuff too and we had to ride them out best we could with tweaking routine a little, EBT and trying to be consistent at whatever you do. Given your on your own can you set up a mattress in his room so you can maybe get some rest.

How is he with regards to food? Anything possibly causing irritable tummy?

Have you had the sleep regression yet, this could be it...
http://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-patterns/8-9-10-month-old-baby-sleep-regression/
***Sara***

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 06:21:46 am »
Food - he is ok. Still totally dairy free. He's ok with soy but I think he has an intolerance to wheat - he's ok if I eat it but isn't good if he has it directly. We see the ped again on 16th so will see then.

If I thought sleeping in his room would help then I would - it makes no difference - once he is awake he either wants held or to get up and play!!

C is going to his dads today. A is meeting me at 9am and keeping Corey overnight so I'm not even in control - I can't even help my poor baby sleep better! This whole situation is messing with everything :(

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:52:11 am »
What does A do at 4am? Do you agree on how C sleeps etc?
Ugh, it's such a hard age. Does feeding help at all???
***Sara***

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 08:06:14 am »
Whats if you rushed in there as soon as you heard him and rather than trying to settle him, just feed him back to sleep before he's fully awake?

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 15:43:19 pm »
Whats if you rushed in there as soon as you heard him and rather than trying to settle him, just feed him back to sleep before he's fully awake?
This is exactly what I did and he was fine until I tried to put him back in his cot. He cried and I lifted him out and fed him again, he went to sleep but woke up when I tried to unlatch him - this kept happening and eventually I took him into my room to lie down and feed him but he kept unlatching and crying/shouting and then he was awake and I had to take him downstairs so he didn't wake lennon again!

Corey is with Andy tonight, Im not sure how he will sleep, Ill ask in the morning - part of me wants him to have a great sleep but part of me wants him to wake at 4am so Andy can realise how hard it is! His mum would probably take over though!!!