Author Topic: Habitual night feed?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Kellyshe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:07:42 am »
DD is 9mo.  She consistently wakes around 12-1am and takes about 5-6oz.  How do I know if this is hunger or habit?  Do I just start to offer an ounce less every third night to see if she'll drop the night feed and take more during the day?

Just more background info.... She has reflux but we think its controlled.  Today she did 3 bottles (usually its 4 but she doesn't finish either the 11or 4 bottle so I think this was the time to go to 3 bottles).  Total milk intake in 24 hous is about 26oz, I think.  I think her solids intake is low...4oz from a jar and puffs or Cheerios.  We offer water with her sippy but today i offered her milk.  She can usually drink 8oz at BT so I would think she could drink more during the day.  She is also teething and just started with a cold this past weekend (nasal congestion).

Thoughts?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Habitual night feed?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:40:42 am »
Is a tough one. My T has limited solids and 4 dt bottles and will have a NF most nights which is the same size as your LO. My pead thinks T could need it and certainly didn't think I needed to stop it so I'd be inclined to keep it a little longer maybe ???
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.