Author Topic: Going stir crazy stuck home with sick LO  (Read 7262 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Going stir crazy stuck home with sick LO
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 07:01:40 am »
He isn't really into colouring.
No, DS isn't either, he did to a tiny bit (all scribbly circles) in various colours on one of the butterflies then went mad with the black pen and went all around the house with it just doing the odd scribble and line all over.  He had fun though which is the main thing.  The main thing though is he likes it as a play house.
I've seen quite a few IRL kids at group at around 2 - 2.5 drawing all sorts of lines, circles etc faces (identifiable with circle head, eyes, ears not always in the right place, smile etc) and even beginning to write their name even though they don't read the alphabet or know their all the letter sounds. Should compare, I know, but I think we all do to an extent to make sure our own are OK.  But yes, I think those kids are likely ahead in this area having focused on that skill whilst DS has focused on another.

Great to hear they are on the mend :)

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 18:15:48 pm »
L is also rubbish at drawing at 2yrs 10 months. Just scribbles and doesn't seem interested in trying to draw any actual things yet :P

Sure she'll get into it when it interests her!

Pleased to hear the boys are on the mend Ali x
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:26 am »
Oh yeah, Cadan could write his name from 3yo but he couldn't draw a recognisable house or write the whole alphabet. I've certainly never seen a 2 yo do anything but scribble IME so I'm sure your DS is fine. When I looked up stages of drawing development it said 3-4yo is when they start drawing recognisable figure typically. And it definitely depends on what they are interested in.

Much better today and we are venturing out to play group. It is very hot here (32c) so hopefully there will be lots if running around burning off energy. I'll keep this thread for future though as it was very helpful :)
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011