Author Topic: 10 month old driving me mad at meal times  (Read 1761 times)

Offline confusedmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
10 month old driving me mad at meal times
« on: July 16, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »
I have posted in here before as my DD has refused savoury, gagged on anything thicker than water and its pretty much been a nightmare feeding her since day one (including milk).

She is now 10 months old and I just dread meal times. She is now refusing most puréed foods, an will eat finger foods but only sweet stuff or very small amounts of chicken and bread. She pretty much turns her head at anything else and refuses to put it near her mouth or spits it out straight away, which is highly annoying as she will pick bits if fluff and stuff of floor as she crawls around and put it straight in her mouth without any thought.

My partner works shifts and my DS eats at nursery so to be honest I very rarely cook food for me so she gets finger food or purée from a jar, bad I know but to be honest I don't want to spend ages cooking for her only to have her waste it. I know babies won't eat everything and it takes time for them to get used to a food but she has never eaten well and I have cooked before and it all end up in floor and in bin.

I don't know what to do, she is growing and steadily following centile line so maybe I just continue giving her finger foods and let her eat as little as she is, I just want her to try stuff rather than me throw away, it's gets so depressing and becomes a stressful battle. I'm worried she won't get enough to eat.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle? It's really getting me down

TIA x

Offline confusedmummy

• Showing Appreciation 4
Re: 10 month old driving me mad at meal times
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:46:52 am »
To top it all off now she is pretty much spitting out everything she manages to put in her mouth, even stuff she used to eat 😩

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 10 month old driving me mad at meal times
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:56:26 am »
I feel you. Liam is 14months and he still does this. It's awful but like you said she's still growing and staying along that growth percentile. How much BM or formula is she getting each day? It was helpful for me to remember that at 10months she's still practicing. Liam didn't get the hang of table food really until he was 12 months. He still gets purees sometimes from an organic pouch if he's being particularly fussy and he sucks it right down. You can also try and give her utensils to play with while you feed her? What kind of finger foods have you tried? Easy things that don't take a long of work that you wont cringe at when throwing away are

Sweet potato fries (can send recipe very very easy)
avacado
Steamed pear chunks
Bread pieces with all fruit jam
blueberries (squished of course)
scrambled egg
pancakes (I make pumpkin pancakes they are easy)

I wouldn't worry about meat at this age just my opinion. Liam still doesn't eat a lot of meat he doesn't like the texture.

My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**