Author Topic: NW every hour past 1am. 8.5MO. WWYD  (Read 1008 times)

stephanne2

NW every hour past 1am. 8.5MO. WWYD
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:06:26 am »
LO sleeping 7pm to 1:30ish, then waking every hour (ish) until 7am DWT. For about 25-30 minutes, it's just mild fussing off and on, sometimes mantra crying off and on. Then hystrrical. The whole time, she moves from lying to sitting back and forth-just can't settle.

I can sometimes get her back to sleep by p/u and calming then p/d, or by nursing. Goes back down. Just to wake 45-60 minutes later. This has been goibg on 2 nights. We suspect teething amd first NW occurs roughly 30min after ibuprofen wears off, but second dose doesn't help..

Before this, LO slept roughly 7pm-4:30/5am (give or take), nursed, then slept until 7am.

What do I do?

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: NW every hour past 1am. 8.5MO. WWYD
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 14:22:55 pm »
Hugs.  That sounds rough for both of you.  The frequency of nws sounds like discomfort.  Do you see which teeth are coming through?  Also what type of solids is she eating?  Do you think that she has any tummy pain or constipation? 

Also could you post your routine just so we can take a look?

stephanne2

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 00:54:12 am »
She's working on her first teeth... the bottom.  No new foods introduced and she's on Miralax regularly for constipation. I feel like it's discomfort from teething, but we've had weird sleep-related episodes before that we thought were teething and ended up just being a phase. But this? This is totally weird. Especially the sitting up part. She's been sitting herself up for a couple of weeks now, so it's not "new", but maybe sitting up in bed is a thrill all its own? Who knows...

Here's our schedule... (give or take)

7am - DWT
E - 7:30 Nurse, 8:30 Solids (puree)
A - 3:15 hours
S - 10:15 to 11/11:30 (bad nap days = 40m naps, good days = 1:20min naps)
E - 11:30 Nurse, 12:30 Juice & Finger Foods
A - 3:15 hours (includes top-up feed 30min before 2nd nap)
S - 2/2:30 (depending on wakeup from last nap) to 3:30
E - 4:30 Nurse, 5:30 Solids (puree + finger foods)
A - 3 to 3:15 (depending on naps for the day)
BT - 7pm

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 16:13:58 pm »
Thanks for posting her routine.  Looks alright. Likely this is due to teeth with some developmental stuff mixed in.  For the developmental stuff, you do have to ride it out at night ( you can pd is she's up ).  Give her plenty of time to practice during the day (including in her crib).  For teeth, you could try alternate pain meds or teething gel.  Some moms use the amber necklaces but I'm not sure about using them when your Lo is sleeping.