Author Topic: 12months old NW after 8h  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12months old NW after 8h
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:00:29 am »
Hello
My DD will turn a year in 2 weeks. The problem is, that she wu at 3.30am every night and it is really hard to put her back to sleep...
In the evening i BF her and she stops suckling turn her head away and i put her in her bad,she rolls over her tummy and fall asleep, she sleeps for 7h30min until 3.30am and than she wu, she didnt resettle so i gave her paci, (she goes to daytime sllep with paci too) but it lasts for 30min to1h to resettle her. I tried to give her some water a few times but it didnt help, for a few times i caried her around and it helped, but i dont think it became a prop (i did it for 5 times only), she is realy restles, kicking, rolling, i have to hold the whole her body sometimes... She than again wu at 5am, same story and she wu at 6 am. She is not cranky during the day, her naps are sometimes very god, sometimes she wu... It lasts for 2 monts now and i really am desparate, what could be the reason, she was theeting, but now not anymore and still wu, she started herfirst steps now, but 2 months ago she didnt do her steps and still she wu. Is it possible for her to be hungry, i bf her 2 nights ago and she sleept until 6.30, but i dont want to bf her in the night and i said i will give her more during the day. should i stop bf in the morning and give her solids at 6 when she wu and than around 9.30 fruit ith cereals? mybe milk in the morning isntenough. i bf in te morning, because it is so early for cooking for me, but if it is the reason than i ill cook at 6am.
Please help me to find a reason !

Wu 6 and BF
E 8.30 formula fruit cereals (150ml milk)
A is 4h20min
S 10.20-11.50

E12.30 lunch (around 35 baby spoons)
A
E 3.30 joghurt/curd, fruit, cereals (25 spoons)
S 4-4.45/5.00

E 7 dinner formula cereals (35spoons)
S 8 and BF

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:54:59 am by Renatapogacnik »

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 12months old NW after 8h
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 17:23:08 pm »
 Hugs hun for the nws and ews.  Her day time sleep is good.  I am thinking that she may be hungry.  It looks like she's just getting 2 milk feeds per day.  Does she get any milk or formula with her meals (other than in cereal)?  At this age, to address hunger I agree with increasing calories during the day vs feeding at night (which is going backwards, iykwim).  At lot of babies this age are still getting 3 or 4 milk feeds during the day (so either breast milk or formula).  Also at meal times you can give her some higher caloric foods (eg. Avocado is a good one that most babies like) and protein foods (eg. Meat, beans/ legumes, fish, eggs (if no allergies)) to help her feel more full.  Let me know what you agree with this approach.

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 19:16:57 pm »
I was thinking hunger too. But she eats a lot i think, in the morning BF and than in 2h 150ml formula+fruit+cereals. Than lunch at 1pm(potato/rice/pasta+meat/fish/egg+vegetables~250ml),than snack at 3.30pm(150ml jogurt/curd+cereals+fruit),dinner at 7.15 (250ml formula+cereals+banana) and than BF before night sleep. I would give her more but she doesn't want to eat, and i think it is enough or not? Once i tried to BF when she wu and she slept back until 6.30am, but i dont want to go back to bf her at night. Do you think i should give her snack before morning nap or i was thinking about droping morning BF and give her a great big breakfast when she wu and than snack around 9.30? I am confused.... Any advice? Please! You are so great with all the help!

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:06:33 am »
You might want to go back to giving milk seperate from solids so her routine would be like this:

Wu. 6:00
E 6;00 bf
Breakfast 8;30 with milk
A is 4h20min
S 10.20-11.50

E noon bf
Lunch1.30 lunch (around 35 baby spoons)
A
E 3.30 joghurt/curd, fruit, cereals (25 spoons)
S 4-4.45/5.00

E 5:00 bf
dinner 7:00 formula cereals (35spoons)
BT  8:00

You could give a milk feed before BT or add milk to the 3:30 meal.  Also in terms of what she is eating, is she basically eating what the rest of the family is eating or is it still "baby food".   If she's still getting baby food, I'd start her on food that the rest of the family is eating.  Baby food may have the volume but its a lot of water so not very many calories.

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:42 am »
Helo, the problem is that i go to work and she will be at daycare. I tried to cut the morning bf and replace with a breakfast on formula, but it was worse, nw at 2am and crying... She really does need milk! I decided to bf in the morning and before bt, and to give her a big snack in the afternoon (25spoons! We only did 10 now, i didnt know how much she need) i am a doctor and i will be working shifts in a year, but for now i could bf her morning before work and evening. How much longer will she need bf/ milk, i wanted to stop bf but i know now that she still need it, i dont want to give her a bottle now and she does not drink well from a cup, and she always refused bottle.

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 01:30:02 am »
Ok, yes, work will make it more difficult.  I would keep on offering the cup or sippy cup at each meal. At this age, I would not bother with a bottle since she might as well learn to drink from a cup.  Some bf babies do better with a straw style cup.  When you offer a cup, what beverage do you give her?  EBM? Formula or cows milk?  Or juice or water? 

If you can't bf her then I would offer additional snacks to make up for the calories. Can you bring food to the daycare to feed to her or are meals provided?  Since she isn't getting the calcium from two day time bf, I would try to give her some other calcium foods ( eg, dairy products like hard cheese, yogurt or cottage cheese, or milk).