Author Topic: Anyone combination/mixed fed?  (Read 5431 times)

Offline shivi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
Re: Anyone combination/mixed fed?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 16:42:15 pm »
I know what u mean about not being taken seriously because of weight gain. Took me almost 5mths to have e's tt cut for the same reason...

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 17:13:06 pm »
Agreed re. weight gain and being taken seriously.

It's sad that a baby has to be classified as 'failing to thrive' for even some of the most simple things (like tongue ties) to be remedied :(
*** Amanda ***

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 19:24:32 pm »
WRT goats/ewes milk/cheese. I never had any for months because I thought I wasnt allowed and 2 weeks ago I introduced feta and goats cheese and C is fine :) I know I shouldnt overload but Ive probably had some sort of goats cheese every 2nd day since then, haha! I had my first pizza in 7 months :)

If you think you will struggle with all (I cut soya for the first 2 months aswell) then just do cows milk products and see if you notice a difference :)

It's sad that a baby has to be classified as 'failing to thrive' for even some of the most simple things (like tongue ties) to be remedied :(
This :( My doc wasnt keen on referring me to ped because C hadnt lost any weight but I pushed and Im glad I did. It was the help and support I got on here that really have me the confidence to trust my instincts :)

Hugs honey :-*
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline cuckoochick

• Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 20:49:53 pm »
I really hope I can have goats cheese or feta as I love cheese and DH and C are pizza mad!

We've had a terrible day today with G but I think that was the heat and humidity. She just wouldn't sleep this afternoon no matter what I did and was terrible this evening. It took hours to settle her as she was so overtired poor love. Very stressful so I'm off to bed. Will be back to update after the GP appointment tomorrow :-*

*Nicola*

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 21:14:15 pm »
Good luck!  As for the dairy, (I might be wrong here) I thought the point of eliminating it was to rule out cows milk protein intolerances, so I guess dairy from other sources might not be such an issue?

Someone please correct me if I'm talking gibberish!
*** Amanda ***

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 23:19:02 pm »
I had no goats feta and then added it in and it was fine (until obviously it wasnt but that was due to a number issues) - I consumed it in very small amounts though.
Amanda, I think because goats and cows milk protiens are very similar LO can have an intolerance to both.

good luck tomorrow hun.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 16:15:54 pm »
Well we saw the GP and she prescribed us some ranitidine. She is awesome and really made me feel reassured. Day 2 of no dairy.

After being so unsettled yesterday and not sleeping on the afternoon and being a nightmare to settle at BT, G slept until 3am for a feed then half 6 and straight back down until half 9! I so needed that but don't really want to have to have such an OT screaming baby to get that!

*Nicola*

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 20:03:50 pm »
I'm really happy for you Nicola you should start to see improvement on ranitidine within a few days, if not then definately by a week.
***Sara***

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 20:12:27 pm »
Thanks hun, she really didn't like the ranitidine when we gave it to her but am hoping she is going to get used to the peppermint taste. She actually vomited straight after so not sure how much of it went down her but never mind. It will get better I am sure.

*Nicola*

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 21:33:12 pm »
Yes, its grim. And feels horrible giving it to a baby  :(. But they do get used to it - e loves it now  :P!
Claire x

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 21:56:17 pm »
It's 100X better than losec suspension ;) are you using a syringe? I was terrible with Z as he would fight it so I gave him a chaser of gripe water after!
***Sara***

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 08:53:39 am »
Hi Sara, yes we've been given a syringe as her dose is 0.8ml! We had a terrible night last night. She was writhing around from 3:30 until morning basically and spilling lots, poor wee mite. Soaked gro bag and bed sheets again.

In terms of what I am eating possibly having an effect upon her, what sort of timescale are we talking? A few hours, more? I've obviously cut out dairy but yesterday I drank a lot of orange juice and had spicy fajitas at lunchtime and a sausage sandwich at teatime. She's pooed lots this morning and was a bit gassy. The GP told us to stop the infacol but her wind was coming up quite well in the NFs.

Also now that we've started the ranitidine, how am I going to know if it is dairy that is the problem if the ranitidine improves things? I don't particularly want to cut out a major food group (and one that is in everything!) if I don't need to, iykwim? I'm willing to do it if needed. The HV seems to think I should have dairy and see how things go with the medication and then cut out dairy if needs be. Does anybody have any thoughts on that? I know 2 days is not long enough to see an effect really so I'm not going to know if it is dairy now that we've started the ranitidine but then part of me thinks well I've done 2 days should I just keep going?

*Nicola*

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 09:34:26 am »
I think it's better to do one thing at a time or you don't know what is helping or not. I'd be inclined to give the medication a try then do dairy free if needs be. But I had a really hard time giving up dairy!!

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 09:41:13 am »
Thanks hun! You've said what I wanted to hear! :-* Will give the ranitidine a week and if needs be trial dairy. It's not that I'm not willing to do it but it is going to be hard as I love cheese!

*Nicola*

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:52 am »
I would do two weeks meds then two meds plus dairy free x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!