Author Topic: activities for a 14 month old.  (Read 7749 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: activities for a 14 month old.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 21:07:16 pm »
Mine started walking at 13 months and straight away wanted to be walking outside, going somewhere. so as an activity we used to walk to a small local supermarket with the aim of buying just one or two items. It really wasn't about needing to buy shopping, it was about introducing him to a quiet shop (not our big one where we do the real shop), letting him experience it and also starting to teach him what behaviour was expected. It was great, he loved it and even though he is still quite young he has learned how to walk around for much of the big weekly shop in the big supermarket, helping get the fruit and veg etc into the trolley.  It's so much easier to put the time and attention in when you don't need to buy anything other than perhaps a carton of blueberries to eat on a bench outside before walking home.
We also did 'trips' to road works :) He loved to just stand and watch the diggers. Trips to train station, bus station, an airport, car show room, white goods store.  It amazing what kids are interested in.

I hear you on the times of the groups. I always avoid groups that run at nap time, I just don't think its worth upsetting the EASY.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 21:38:41 pm »
We also did 'trips' to road works :) He loved to just stand and watch the diggers. Trips to train station, bus station, an airport, car show room, white goods store.  It amazing what kids are interested in.

Great idea. Airports are too far but just letting him go to like target etc. I do do that bgut don't actually let him walk becuase we always go with the aim of buying something. Couldn't hurt to just go and let him walk around and learn not to pull things off shelves. LOL we do walk around the neighborhood every morning with the dogs so that takes a good chunk of time. :) Great ideas thanks.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 02:46:43 am »
Oh yeah like creations we did a lot of that...Zac loved the plant and outdoor Home Depot like stores!
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.