Author Topic: re-introduced dairy - what do you think?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
re-introduced dairy - what do you think?
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:59:20 am »
On the advice of our ped (for ongoing constipation/soiling issues) H has been dairy free the last 6 weeks. We have not seen the dietician yet although this was promised so just been muddling through. Anyway, on Sunday Henry had a cupcake (the ped said to introduce some dairy after about 4 weeks) and yday he went to the loo for a poo a lot more and he told me he had 'a lot of poos today'. He also (sorry tmi) had mucous around his bottom i.e. twice he asked me what it was and we just flushed it away....
what do you think? Is it normal when you have taken something out of the diet for this to happen? He did not have any tummy aches or discomfort.
Not really sure where to go from here now - I am due to see the Dr today, is there anything I could ask for?

As an aside he still does have soiling accidents so it is not that this dairy free has cured that but we def noticed some differences yday after the dairy.
thanks.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: re-introduced dairy - what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 21:35:37 pm »
Hi, normally what you would do with trialling for MPI is wait till things settle down, so symptom free, and then try again. Watch for the same symptoms x

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
Re: re-introduced dairy - what do you think?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
hmm, well I would not say he was symptom free  - we need some support from a dietician.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!