Author Topic: Talk to me about room temperature bottles and other questions  (Read 11554 times)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Talk to me about room temperature bottles and other questions
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 18:12:33 pm »
Do you have a dish washer? I don't but I hear that in the US many people only use the dish washer for bottles etc and don't use the sterilisers or solutions?

Apparently UK dishwashers wash at a lower temp than US dishwashers so don't sterilise in the same way that the US ones do. Not sure if that's still true but would be worth looking into to check!

If you filled a jug up with Milton solution and left it for the 15 mins it would be sterile on the inside if you then used it straight away. I would just line the bottles up and make them up individually all in one go though then you know they are definitely sterile.

Laura

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 18:26:25 pm »
You can buy dishwashers with a sterilising function. The setting says 70+ or something like that. It's really handy in combination with the dishwasher bottle and teat holders. Has to be done at the top shelf.

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 18:55:31 pm »
Tryin to save time as every day atm I'm making 16 2oz bottles hence wanting to make the milk in a jug as it will be far quicker. I'll have to have a think. I have sterilizing solution so will see if I can get a suitable container to put the whole jug in perhaps?
LAURA xx

Offline Urbsvox

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2013, 04:06:45 am »
They sell pediatric or "nursery" water here in the States that's already sterilized, so I'd fill up my bottles with the correct amount of water and bring them into the nursery with me (I sleep in the nursery with the baby's crib) along with the carton of powder formula.  That was the easiest way for me to mix a bottle in the dark and serve it immediately at room temperature. Unfortunately, our pediatrician switched her formula to Similac Alimentum (hypoallergenic) and although there is a powder version, my daughter will only drink the ready to feed liquid.  Since it has to be refrigerated, I have to warm it up for her.  She was taking it cold, straight out of the fridge, but went on a food strike and now will only eat if it's warm, almost hot.  The good part about the RTF is that there is no Cronobacter worry; the liquid is sterilized.