Author Topic: 8 month old driving us crazy with night wakings  (Read 2281 times)

Offline ChocolateyClaire

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 8 month old driving us crazy with night wakings
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 13:16:11 pm »
Well things have been a bit all over the place over the past 3 days as my LO has had a horrible cough and cold and therefore has barely been sleeping! Last night she was a bit better though so I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of this week.

Hi Lolly - her original formula was the comfort, low lactose one. I don't mind going back onto this but we're also giving her infant gaviscon for potential reflux and I can't use this with the comfort formula as it is slightly thicker than normal formula. I'm not sure whether she has reflux but I've been to the doctors 4 times now about her cough and reflux is one of the things they said it could be. She's not bring anything up and her cough isn't particularly after food but it's so much worse when she's lying down. To be honest the gaviscon isn't really doing much.

I've spoken to the health visitor about her lack of milk intake and have a dietician appointment on the 5th. Since starting solids she only ever has about 90ml of a 180ml morning bottle, 60ml of a 180ml mid afternoon bottle and about 180ml of a 210ml evening bottle. Sometime this is more sometimes less but this is the average. Once she decides she's had enough she smacks the bottle away and spits milk everywhere. She never seems to cry for it or seem hungry for it. She's always been fussy with milk, I think part of it is she hates being still and is always on the go so to get her to sit on my lap is an effort in itself. I'm going to see what the dietician says and take it from there