Author Topic: Giving spinach at 7 months?  (Read 9159 times)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: Giving spinach at 7 months?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 18:42:57 pm »
Now I'm hungry :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Giving spinach at 7 months?
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 11:00:44 am »
Here's a slat guide for you
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/824.aspx?CategoryID=51

Less than 1g of salt per day for an under 12month old.  The easiest way around this is to home cook almost all meals, however you can use things like shop bought bread, small amounts of canned tuna in oil, cheese, things like that. In the early days I calculated what quantity I could give my LO for each food stuff I might give him, eg half a slice of bread with a couple of teaspoons of tuna or canned beans in tom sauce and then NO more salt that day.  Once you've got in your head what these portions are it is very easy to just get on with life iyswim.  Mine liked shop bought humus and would have eaten lots but I had to limit what I gave him because of the salt levels, I made some home-made and salt free but he wasn't impressed.  I think if you were to eat out for instance you could take along some vegies cooked at home (no salt) and then offer her a little of your meal alongside (likely salty) so that you do not feel unable to go out etc. That's what I did.

Hope you enjoy it :)  I loved  the weaning journey.

Offline druidyss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53:50 am »
This is very interesting reading.  Since having my own baby I see a lot of concern with giving spinach and I had never heard of it before.  For us pear and avocado did wonders to keep or LO loosened up. Sweet potato did too but of course, it is very orange. :P