Author Topic: 3-2 switch messing up A time??  (Read 5753 times)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 3-2 switch messing up A time??
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:50 am »
Be strong mummy! A bit of OT is expected and he may be unsettled until he gets used to the new pattern. He'll be ok, think ahead to the long term gain xxx
~ Naomi ~

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2013, 09:54:45 am »
Thanks for the encouragement! I feel as helpless and confused as I did when he was a newborn, ha!!
Ill stick with the 3 hr 15 min A time but will that start from 5:00am, so nap at 8:15?

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2013, 11:49:16 am »
He doesn't seem to be getting tired yet. But I guess ill still do the 3.15 A time as suggested and see what happens. The first bap being at 8:15am is super early but hopefully he will do a full nap. I'm not sure I trust my judgement at the moment anyway so ill put all my faith into you experts!
Wish me luck...

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2013, 11:52:02 am »
Good luck, Mandy!

Bear in mind, it's trial and error, it may not be perfect first day out, or even second.  You'll get there.  Here is where you find out that you can have faith in yourself! You know him best.  You can see what he needs.  We will be here to discuss what you're observing, if you need to.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2013, 12:02:55 pm »
Thank you :)

Ill do whatever it takes to get back on track! If y'all are sure upping the A time, dropping the CN, and doing EBT will all fix it, then I will stick with it until we get his EASY routine back! I am beyond desperate and dedicated to this. I hate how this has unraveled and that I can't even read his cues anymore...

Thank you for continuing to help me get through this bump.

We are going to my mother in laws today so this should be interesting with how DS has been lately...ugh.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »
30 min nap exactly. Woke up screaming...
OT again...

There's no way ill get away with only 2 naps today when he only did 30 mins and is done with his first one before 9:00 am....

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2013, 19:49:43 pm »
Honey, we are here for you, but weaver is totally right we can't see your LO so you will have to trust your instincts, we can support you but you are mummy and you DO know best, even if it feels terrifying to think that way.

We are just mummies too and although we have been through tough times with naps too and may be able to offer our thoughts from our experiences, you will need to make the choices as to what works for you and your DS on a day by day, nap by nap basis.

We have suggested that you stick with the 3hr15mins A time for a few days and then you will hopefully be able to say whether you need to pull back that first A time a bit. One more day to try it and then see what you think.
~ Naomi ~

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 06:00:45 am »
How are you getting on sweetie?
~ Naomi ~

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 18:10:24 pm »
Hi Naomi!

Things have been a tad bit better. I looked back at some old EASYs I had written down before things got whacky, and it seemed I was getting the best naps from him at 2 hr 45 min. So I decided to cut back from the 3.15 A push and go back to 2.45 ish and things have mellowed a little. Ive allowed a tiny catnap so we can push his bedtime back to closer to 7:30. The 5:00pm bedtime didn't seen to be working well for us.

My goal is to get him out of this OT cycle we were in by continuing the 2.45 A until we get back on track. Then ill slowly push out the first A time only and completely drop the CN very soon once his naps are back to being longer than 30 mins.

What do you think?

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 19:13:50 pm »
I think he may need to catch up a bit yes but I would go back after a day or so to the longer A times when you think he has caught up so the UT/OT doesn't start again. Keep us posted x
~ Naomi ~

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 20:10:16 pm »
I completely agree. I'm just waiting until he seems to be UT and as soon as I notice that, ill start shifting A time ahead. Should I start with first A time and go 10 mins every 3 days? Then after he gets adjusted to the first, then do the second A time? Then Continue that pattern as he gets older and shift nap times accordingly?

I'm hoping to get to 3 hrs A time across the board soon so we can drop that CN for good. We got closer today but last WU from his nap was 3:20 so I'm trying to decide in EBT or 20 min CN and normal BT... I'm ready to start fresh tomorrow!! And preferably no earlier than 7:00am ;)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 14:26:35 pm »
I'm so confused on what to do and it seems like nothing I decide is working.
Is it possible that this is just a phase (be it developmental, teething, growth spurt, etc.) and that it'll work out over time on its own? Or is it more likely my A times totally screwing things up?

I'm tempted to stop caring and just get him up when he does short naps and not try and extend them. If I need to do 3 short naps then so be it I guess. I hate not getting any Y time to get things done but I'm making myself sick stressing about these naps...

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 02:18:18 am »
Hi hun, just noticed our thread.  Can you post your EASY for the day?  I noticed you have another thread started asking about reflux and teething, so if you post your EASY we may be able to help figure out why naps are short.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 12:18:40 pm »
Thanks Tink!

Ill post today's EASY after DS goes to bed tonight. I can also post the last few days' EASY once I scrounge up all the random papers and napkins I have them written on ;)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 16:48:19 pm »
Good news! It seems we have gotten over the horrible OT pattern we were in (well, atleast for today)! Now he has fallen asleep calmly for naps today and waking happy (although the first nap was only an hour and 10 mins but still a HUGE improvement from the 28 minute naps!). So now it's clear he is UT with that first nap so I will push it by 10 mins for the next 3 days. Today I did 3 hours A time for both (he's on his second nap now, HOPING for an improved nap). I will unfortunately need to do a small CN today because he woke at 5:30am - I'm so tired of these EW. Depending on when he wakes from this nap, I MAY try and do EBT instead. The EBT hasn't been working that great for us in the past. He's not that great at taking on and just continues to wake early. Ill post my full EASY later today...