Author Topic: 15 wk old early waking  (Read 828 times)

Offline Solelliot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 20, 2013, 14:42:52 pm »
Thank you all for this great forum. I've read through all the different sections and have found many answers and ideas.
I'm struggling a bit with finding the right routine for DD. I've been doing EASY since she was 3 weeks, but mainly focused on keeping a 3 hour schedule and wasn't all that consistent in terms of bedtime and naptime.
She has been slowly moving towards a 3.5 hr routine as she seems to handle longer A times.
She usually NW every 3 hours after DF so I've been tweaking her bedtime and DF to find a better combination.
Last night worked much better than it has before as she went to bedt a 8pm and DF at 10pm and slept till 3am which is an improvement.
However, this put her last NW at 6.30 (i'm going for an 8pm WU and treat anything before that ast NW) I fed her and she went back to sleep for an extra hour. My problem is that then her E would be almost at the same time as her S, so I tried feeding her at 8.30 at which time she fell asleep for 20mins and woke up.
When she does this then her sleep time is pushed back because she is not tired.
I don't know how to deal with this, she seems really tired at 8.30, but if I put her to sleep then I would have to wake her to feed her.
Our days look something like this (+- 1 hour)
WU 7-8
E 7-8.30 (depends on last NW)
A 1.45mins
S 1.30mins (resettle after 45 mins)
E 11.30-12
A 1.45mins
S 1.30mins (resettle after 45 mins)
E 3-4
A 4-6
S 45mins (need to wake her up and can't l it be too late or she wants this to be her BT)
E 7-7.30
A bath
BT 8-8.30

I hope it's clear and makes sense.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 15 wk old early waking
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 23:02:43 pm »
Hi there and welcome to BW!  I'm glad you have found that the board has great info on it.

An 8 am wu would be very delux!  I think you can handle this is two ways, either do a top up feed when she wakes up even though it was just a few hrs after her previous feed or wait a bit longer (may be half way through her A) and then feed her.  I wouldn't stress too much if one feed here or there is not 3.5 hrs after the previous feed.

HTH

Offline Solelliot

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 21:33:54 pm »
Thanks so much, that's what I did and it seemed to go ok. We'll see how the next few days go. She seems to be sleeping better at night now, but worse during the day, so i'll continue to try and follow her cues to find the best routine for her.
Sorry for the double post, I don't know how I did that.

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 15 wk old early waking
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 22:28:37 pm »
Glad the am feed went well and you had a better night.  4 months is a notorious time for a sleep regression :(