Author Topic: Can't Handle 11mo NW anymore!  (Read 1327 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
Can't Handle 11mo NW anymore!
« on: August 24, 2013, 17:10:36 pm »
Please help. DH and I are so fed up with S NW. They are usually once every night, but last night was 3 times. Right now we are just giving her a bottle in her crib and going back to bed because we are so tired. And she has been draining the whole thing. Her routine is something like

7: WU
10-10:30 Nap (we wake her)
1:30-3:30 Nap
7/7:30 BT

We were getting massive BT struggles a few weeks ago (or maybe last week even), it would take us 2 hours to get her down. But then she would at least STTN. We had extended her A to BT and that seemed to help, except now she's not STTN anymore. I've tried extending her am A times and she usually ends up a wreck and then won't taker her nap, but she's tired all morning. The other day she got so tired but wouldn't stay asleep so she ended up with just one nap for the day. I thought that would help, but she still woke up once that night.

She is teething, and we are using tylenol some days that it seems the most painful for her. She is also not eating a ton no matter how hard I try to get her to eat solids/bottle. She does okay, but maybe not getting enough to last her at night.

I just don't know what else to do with her. I was told PU/PD isn't the right method, but how do I stop these NW and get her back to STTN?

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Can't Handle 11mo NW anymore!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 21:04:08 pm »
Hmm, I'm torn between suggesting moving to one nap and saying that teeth could well be the culprits. We had some awful nws with teeth at around this age. Could you try and medicate through the night to see if it has any impact?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 23:22:53 pm »
Are you saying give her some before BT or when she wakes up? Do we try to cut out bottle at this point still or wait? We do tylenol since she can't have ibprof (it upsets reflux). I've also thought something was wrong with the reflux but our per thought it was time to start weaning her off prevacid. We have a consult with a GI next week to see if there is really any problems or not. I just need a full night's sleep!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 23:30:36 pm »
Hugs sweetie. T is still NW but sooooo much better than he was so for us it's bliss lol
I do think though, ours are likely teeth and a little reflux. Are her top front teeth through? - they were terrible for us. Have you tried brufen? It doesn't make T by worse. Just make sure you give it on a full tummy.

Does she NW at the same times usually?

Honestly I think her routine is good. Have you tried a 1 nap day to see how she goes?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 00:01:19 am »
Hugs Hun.  Is she draining any bottles during the day?  I hate to say it but if she's draining them at night, she may need it until she eats more during the day.  What types of food is she eating now?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 03:11:32 am »
Good point pm...does she get good solid meals ATM? - I know ATM toms just had a GS and is now eating a lot more solids. Maybe she needs a E shake up?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:13:16 am by ZacsMumme »
***Sara***

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 03:15:48 am »
We were doing advil/motrin. But when we went recently, the dr said that it can affect her reflux and to stick with tylenol. Which is a bummer because I think it doesn't work as well.

Her NW aren't at a regular time. Sometimes at 11, sometimes at 1 or 3. Last night was all of the above.

She takes a few bottles during the day, but not like M did. I honestly don't know how much she's drinking during the day. I really have been trying to push the bottles though. She does well if we are in the car, then she's stationary and will focus on drinking. As for solids it feels like hit or miss. She will eat oatmeal (rolled oats not baby oatmeal), fruits (blueberries, bananas sometimes, oranges, etc), pasta (somedays), grain dogs (vegan version of a healthy breakfast sausage), etc. But she won't take any purees and only a few flavors of those squeeze packs. So its hard to "tank" her up. I'm trying to hard to get her to eat something/anything, but she just won't What works one day doesn't the next. She is a picky girl!

We tried one nap the other day when she struggled with her am nap and she was okay (except for the 45 minute nap struggle) except we still had a NW.

Thanks for the hugs. Let me tell you, I need them these days. She's so needy during the day and getting so frustrated because she can't do as much as she'd like. And she doesn't like it if I walk away for even a second. Plus, she's aways trying to steal M's stuff, making him frustrated. It's just tough all around!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:35:35 am »
Meh ... My biomed pead said its better for them than panadol so I think it's case by case YK? My dr said the same as yours ;) Both Z and T were fine with brufen as long as it wasnt on an empty tum...and it was sooo much better it was worth the risk!

What about some protiens? Not sure what good vegan protiens are but maybe tofu? Legumes like kidney beans? Chickpeas? Lentils? Do you and your family eat fish? One thing that fills T up well is quinoa (for dinner with veges) or millet cerial.

It's really hard with the second too. I keep forgetting to feed Tom! :o

More hugs. I get the neediness. T has been replaced with a cross between a taradactol (sp? dinosaur bird!) and an angry ankle biting dog  ::) :P must be developmental! :-*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:42:52 am by ZacsMumme »
***Sara***

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 06:39:51 am »
Hey hun. Big hugs to you. We had lots of nw last week. We werent sure what it was teeth or naps. Turns out it was teeth. We found out because we gave meds before bed then just as it wore off we gave more and he slept through. Few days later tooth appeared. Worth a try.

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 11:03:59 am »
I was going to ask about protein foods too.  If she could get some with each meal, then she may feel full for longer.    Wrt bottles, can you give them in a quietlace in the house?  i know its hard with two though and you cant leave m alone.  i pretty much have to feed dd in her room with no distractions.

I'm thinking its too soon to move to one nap.  Her As would need to be longer. 

Hugs