Author Topic: 4mo lost our way  (Read 850 times)

Offline EmsyG

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:10:06 am »
Hi, I have been reading posts on this website and finding it really helpful since the birth of my son 4 months ago.
Up until now everything has been going well. He has been sleeping well at night roughly 7-7 ( having df then waking at 4am) he feeds every 4 hours 6 oz at 7,11,3,7, 11,4. He naps 3 times a day for an hour around 9 am and 1.5 hr around 12 noon and 40 mins at about 5pm. I can't get him to take his evening nap sooner and he falls asleep well at around 7 -7.30 in his cot with pat shhhh.

For the past 2 weeks he has started waking at 10pm/2am/3am/4.30/5am he was not crying but loud shouting that escalates and does not stop after 30 mins. initially I gave him a feed at these times thinking it was a gs. He only wants 1-2 oz then falls back to sleep refusing to take more. As soon as I put him back in his cot he starts moaning/chatting. I tried to leave it as its not a full blown cry but even leaving for 15 mins it gets louder and then I worry that it will be hard to resettle him so I pat shhhh and he usually goes back to sleep.

I didn't want to feed him at all of these times when I saw that he only wanted a little bit for fear of introducing bad habits and snacking during the night so  I know I shouldn't introduce a prop as he has never used a pacifier but I tried that thinking it might help him get back to sleep without a feed and he sucked it wide awake for 30 mins before spitting it out and chatting/shouting again!

Where am I going wrong and what should I do?  ??? ???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:14:00 am by EmsyG »

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 4mo lost our way
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 18:23:17 pm »
Could you post your day in an EASY format? It sounds like some tweaking might help :)
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline jmwahlberg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 4mo lost our way
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 19:11:40 pm »
Don't have any helpful hints, but rest assured you are not alone with a 4 month old gone wonky. Mine has been doing the same thing for the past 2 weeks, I have been giving him his pacifier most of the time, if he doesn't go back to sleep I will feed him assuming he is hungry? Weird, his EASY was so easy before...