Author Topic: Baby waking earlier  (Read 786 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:48:44 am »
I've been feeding my baby 5 oz bottle at 730-8 pm and putting him to bed. He the usually sleeps until 2:30-3 am then I feed him 5 oz in dark room no talking (most of the time he's half asleep but 2 nights ago he was wide awake). Then he will wake again at 630 and sometimes only take 4 oz and either stay awake and alert or he will barely make it through feeding and i put him down for at a east another hour or sometimes 3. Last night I fed him 5. Oz at 730 pm put him to bed he was sleeping by 830 and he woke this morning at 1:15 am to eat. He ate 5 oz and i put him right back to bed he then woke around 5:45-6. His eyes aren't open yet but he's moving around violently and he's eating his hand, then he will quiet for a few minutes and the start again so I finally pick him up and feed him but he only took 4 oz but was then wide awake and pleasant and smiling and laughing. he got sleepy in my arms around 7:05 and I put him down for nap by 7:15!
So is the idea that he was doing so well and only waking me once during the night gone or is he maybe just hungrier and I should up to 5 1/2 oz before bed? Any suggestions ?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Baby waking earlier
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:39:48 am »
How old is your LO and what is their daytime routine like?  Could you post it in EAS format?  How a baby sleeps and feeds in the day can have an impact on the night so seeing what a normal day looks like for you will help us to advise you better :)