Author Topic: Won't eat purée at 7 months, choked on BLW  (Read 5462 times)

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: Won't eat purée at 7 months, choked on BLW
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 19:45:35 pm »
For carrots, mine love them if you leave them whole and boil them.  Munch all the way through those and they're pretty soft too so should be good for her. 

Rooting for you both!  Food can be lots of fun but also lots of stress.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 20:20:05 pm »
A tip for slippery foods is to roll them in oatmeal or crushed cereal so that they are easier to hold.

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 13:38:02 pm »
Ok so I've tried carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoe fries, cauliflower, avocado...  Nothing.  She puts everything in her mouth but food haha.  Tried some purée with prunes and pears - she kind of ate the pears with cinnamon but now won't...  Nurse is on me to make sure she is getting solids - she only gained 2 oz in the last month so I'm worried!  I think I am at my max for breast feeding too!

She seems to never get enough nursing - empties both breasts (used to be one) 4 times a day, one breast 3 times a day.  Nurses at 5:00am, 7:30am, 9:00am, 12 pm, 1:30pm, 4pm, 6:30pm.

**Tracy**

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 17:52:17 pm »
I'm not a breastfeeding expert (mine were formula fed) but I would think that she isn't eating because she is too full - especially if she is taking both sides. I know that milk is the most important thing until she is 1 but you do need her to start eating something. I wonder if you can tweak your feeds a bit so that at least once a day at the moment she is going to be hungry enough to eat solids.

Is she having any nightfeeds now?

What times are you offering solids? Have you tried offering solids at 7.30am for example and then a BF after?

Laura

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 18:09:59 pm »
Yeah maybe my husband can try that - he gets her up in the morning around 7.  I tried a few times a day (usually before the 9, 1, and around 6:00) to feed her before breastfeeding (started that way) but she grew to anticipate the nursing session and knows that she doesn't have to eat haha.  I've tried to mediate that by giving her mothers milk in a sippy during the meal but she isn't fooled by that.  No night feeds except for the 5am feed - she goes back to bed after that until 7am.  Thanks as always for your help.  I'll try to feed her around 7:15 tomorrow.

**Tracy**