Author Topic: getting into the swing of EASY but still frequent NW  (Read 825 times)

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
getting into the swing of EASY but still frequent NW
« on: September 02, 2013, 13:04:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

I posted in the E.A.S.Y. forum and got some excellent advice.  This is the beginning of week 4 being on EASY. I have read one of Tracy's books and found it very interesting.  My DS is now 6 months old, he has a dummy, which i think is now a prop :-( We've been working on different A times etc to get better naps as he was constantly waking at the 45 min mark, even through the night and it was getting too much.  He now has 2.5hr A times and naps for 1.5 hours BUT he still wakes frequently through the night, can anyone give me some advice on how to sort this out.

His typical day is:

WU & E (bottle) 7am (breakfast 8am)
A 7:30
S 9:30 (1.5 hr)
E (bottle) 11am (lunch 12pm)
A 11:30
S 1:30 (1 - 1.5hr)
E 3pm (bottle)
A 3:30
S 5-5:30 (depending on the previous nap) 30 mins
A 5:30-6pm (he has a bit of dinner with us)
6:30 bath and massage
E 6:45 - 7pm (depending on how tired he is)
BT 7-7:30

he then usually sleeps until 10:30-11pm where he wakes for a bottle, and if he doesn't wake we give him a DF at 11pm

its then 1 - 2 hourly wakings where we re settle in cot (usually just needs his dummy) unless its around 3am when I will give him another feed.

Today on the other hand hasn't gone too well, so if on a good day he still wakes 1-2 hourly, I am dreading tonight :-(

So far its been like this:

WU & E 7am (breakfast 8am)
A 7:30
S 9:30 (1.5hr)
E 11am
A 11:30am
S 12:45pm (he was absolutely shattered and grizzly, fussy etc by 12 and tried to keep him up but this is a far as we got) 30 mins :-(
A 1:15pm (tried to get him back to sleep until 2pm but was having none of it

I am also wondering if A times get shorter throughout the day, or longer?  He seems to get very grumpy early arvo then wide awake again before bed lol!

Im still not 100% if he's on the right A times etc coz of the NW or if its the dummy I need to get rid of, can anyone help?