Author Topic: Best baby but I have to leave by 6am...  (Read 791 times)

Offline WorkingMom63013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 04, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »
I have the best easiest little boy. He put himself on the EASY schedule without me even trying. By 4 weeks he was sleeping from 11pm to 7 am. Unfortunately, I'm going back to work in 4 weeks (he'll be 3 months old) and I need to wake up around 5 and be out of the house by 6 am. He will come with me 3 days a week to daycare. They are long days (12 hrs). Is there a way to get him on this schedule but still keep him on the later schedule on our days off? Like maybe put him in car still sleeping? 

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Best baby but I have to leave by 6am...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 13:27:12 pm »
Is it even a possibility that you move him from his cot to the car? Won't he wake up? And don't you need to dress him before you go out?
Do they offer naps in daycare? And did you mean he is going to be IN daycare for 12h or that his day in total will be 12h?
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline WorkingMom63013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:48 am »
I guess you're right that he will wake up so I should feed him before I leave. In that case, does snyone wake their baby early some days and have them sleep late others? It doesn't seem likely. They probably wake early all days. He will be in daycare about 11 hours. With commute times more like 12. :-(

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »
You know, I think it is really likely he will just stick to the earlier times. You might get lucky though! My little girl loves to sleep in the mornings and, especially when she was younger, would always just sleep until I woke her!