Author Topic: New to EASY - 6 week old  (Read 746 times)

Offline Izzy250713

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 06, 2013, 20:19:47 pm »
Hi All,

We have decided to get our 6 week old little bundle of joy into a routine and liked the way the EASY routine sounded. We are on our 3rd day and it seems to be going well but we do have a few questions and hope other people who are going through or have been trough the same thing could offer us a few answers?
1. Is this routine really that flexible? as we seem to be watching the clock a bit ie eat every 3hours, timing feeds, activity time ans sleeps.
2. Do you need to wake her up at the same time every day even if they have had a rough night?
3. She doesn't seem to take a lot at about 6pm and is not interested at all in the 8pm cluster feed. Is this the reason she still wakes in the night?.....she does take between 50 - 100ml in the dream feed.
4. Should bath and bed time be exactly the same time every day?
5. When going out and about do people alter the routine to suit their plans or try to organise things around the rough EASY timings?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!'

Thanks in advance

Jo

Offline Violet's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
Re: New to EASY - 6 week old
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:01:46 am »
Hi and welcome!

1.  I think the routine is as flexible as you want it to be.  My LO was and still is constantly changing, as you will see as yours gets older - but good for you that she is taking really well to the routine so much so that she is like clockwork!
2.  I didn't wake her but that is my personality and my LO always woke around the same time roughly.  Maybe someone else can chime in on this one?
3.  She might still have days and nights slightly mixed up.  Also, some LO's that age have their best sleep from 6pm on so maybe her internal clock is slightly off. 
4.  I would aim for that but don't beat yourself up!
5.  You could do either - really up to you!
Good luck and enjoy the time you have with your bundle of joy!

**Tracy**