Author Topic: Advice on my 6 month old daughter  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Aleahrenea13

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:03:01 am »
Ok i need some advice my daughter is 6 months old and i was wondering what can i feed her since she wont eat baby food anymore she loves mash taters but she needs something more please give me some advice.....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 18:32:39 pm by <Catherine> »

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Advice on my 6 month old daughter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 18:22:37 pm »
What foods are you giving when you mention baby foods? Cereals and purées? Jars or are you making your own?

There is actually very little you can't give once they reach 6mo apart from perhaps seafood. We just gave our food and held back on the salt and sugar. Have you tried cooked veg in sticks or big chunks for her to feed herself?

Have you considered baby led weaning? Baby-Led Weaning

At 6mo the recommendations in the uk are to just do one offering of solid food a day at breakfast or lunchtime so you really wouldn't expect her to be eating much at all. Milk is the most important thing until 12mo. You can gradually add a second and then third meal between now and about 8mo.

Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline snhill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • Becoming Madre
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 18:41:47 pm »
When did she start eating baby foods and what is she eating right now? Only mashed potatoes?

I'm guessing she doesn't like the jar food? Here is a great website on making baby foods wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com This is the only thing I use for my LO. There is just so much information.

Offline HenaV

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 21:40:23 pm »
We started weaning at 6m following the plan as per Tracy's book. If you've already started weaning you may have by-passed what we did.'

It would be helpful to know when yu started weaning and what you've been doing so far.

Hena