Author Topic: Help with schedule please  (Read 766 times)

Offline Mummy Duck

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help with schedule please
« on: September 15, 2013, 16:59:38 pm »
Hi there
 I am. 1st time mum and my DS is 7 weeks old. He hasn't had a proper routine up until now and I would like to implement one in aid of getting him to sleep longer hours at night. Currently he sleeps on a enrage 3 hrs and wakes crying for a change and a feed.
Normally he would wake about 10 and then 1or 2 then again at 4 or 5 depending on hw long it takes to get him back to sleep etc.
Tonight, for the first time, I dream feed him at 12am after a feed at 10am. I would like this feed to be at 11pm though or even 10pm but depends on how long DS will sleep through. He ate Almost a full bottle feed of formula too during this dream feed!
Is there anyone out there with some advice on what my schedule should look like??
I just HAVE to try something- the past few nights have been a nightmare for sleep.
Thanks in advance xx

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Help with schedule please
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »
If your LO is having 3NF and is settling well after each feed then he is actually doing great for his age!
A DF should happen between 22 and 23 and is only one feed to give a longer stretch at the beginning of the night. There is more info about it here: Cluster & Dreamfeeding FAQ's - Starting, how to do it, stopping & problems
WRT routine, do you have Tracey's book? She explains there how to start a routine in different ages and what routines can look like at different ages. But you can also have a look here: Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!
Sample EASY Routines from 0 - 13mths+
HTH :)
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/