Author Topic: 13 week old EW  (Read 819 times)

Offline tazz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:28:54 am »
Hi, my LO is 13 weeks tomorrow and has up until now been a great night sleeper, I'm not really complaining about it now its still pretty fantastic.  He goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 at the latest depending on his last nap of the day and then sleep through until generally around 2-3 am with no dream feed, but he then wakes again at 5:15 and is ready to start the day, I give him a feed at this time which he seems really sleepy for but as soon as he goes back to the cot he  a wide awake and happy,  leave him there and he just chats to himself for 1 1/2 hrs or so then gets a bit grumpy and either goes back to sleep or like this mening screams till I put him back to sleep.  He self settles at BT and after the 3am wake up and but generally needs help during the day.  The other morning he fed at 3, then whole at 5:30 and I just left him there until 6 so I got him up to start the day.  I was talking to another mum today and her LO does the same thing.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 13 week old EW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:01 am »
Hi there and welcome to the BW :)

What does the rest of the day look like?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline tazz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:15:55 am »
Usually the day is pretty random.  I have always followed a basic EASY format of 3 hourly feeds and A times of 1.5 hrs, he usually has the first two sleeps of 45 mins then he crashes on the third sleep of the day for anywhere from 2-2.5 hrs then a short nap of 30 mins before BT.  He usually goes down pretty good at BT with no assistance from me.  I haven't read Tracey's book yet, it hasn't arrived so I have been using a sort of version of shh/pat and comfort settling to get him to sleep so far.  He usually grizzles/crys for about 5mins before falling asleep.  I never feed to sleep as it doesn't work for him anyway.  His night feeds are also random at the moment with 1 or 2 NW which I always feed at.