Author Topic: 9 month old sleep issues!!  (Read 735 times)

Offline braves_40_12

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 16, 2013, 20:03:08 pm »
Hi! My 9 and 1/2 month old son has never slept through the night and I feel as though I have tried many things. The biggest problem is that HE SHARES A ROOM WITH MY 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!! This is where my problems start. I try to let him cry a little, but I don't want him to wake my daughter. He is naturally a big boy and usually wakes AT LEAST twice for bottles. My doc says that if he is eating and going right back to sleep then he probably needs it, so I've been going with that for a while, but this is getting ridiculous. Plus, lately he has only been taking a few ounces and not interested in the rest, so now I just think it's habit! During the day he is not a good sleeper either, sometimes only sleeping a half hour the entire day. (Believe me, I try to put him down  at least 3 times a day but usually doesn't work). He eats 3 meals a day, with bottles in between. At night we do 'dinner' at about 6-7 and then a full 8 oz bottle at 8:30 and then he goes down for the night, well until 12:30 that is. I think he is just a bad sleeper, but i also think he should be making it through the night! Any help is appreciated because a full night of sleep would be amazing!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 9 month old sleep issues!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 23:13:58 pm »
Hi and welcome to the BW :)

He could be waking up out of habit but it may also be from overtiredness - sleeping 30mns once is probably not enough. Would you be able to post your daytime routine (from time he wakes up, feeds, etc...)? At 9 months, we would be looking at 2 naps. How does he go to sleep? Is he an independent sleeper?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby