Author Topic: 16 month old - attached to BT bottle?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
16 month old - attached to BT bottle?
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:42:25 pm »
Okay, so the last time I posted I was worried that I should be dropping the BT bottle, and I figured we would keep it as DS loves it, and it is a part of our routine as well as it gives this mama some much needed cuddle time.  But now, he's starting to become increasingly attached to it - when his bottle is finished I used to put him in his crib and take it downstairs to clean it, but now he wants the empty bottle in the crib with him and some nights freaks if I don't give it to him.

I'm wondering if he's becoming too attached?  Should I start trying to wean it?  I don't want him to become too attached, but at the same time I know how much he loves his BT bottle (his only bottle) so I'd be sad (for both of us) to give it up  :-\  He's still little!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: 16 month old - attached to BT bottle?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 13:26:28 pm »
Hi Hon- How are things going now? I'm wondering if you could rather than wean the bottle all together make a rule like- no bottle in the bed, just while he its with you?
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: 16 month old - attached to BT bottle?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 22:57:38 pm »
Ya it seemed to just be a weird phase.  His top molars are coming in so that could have something to do with it.  We've changed our routine a bit to make sure that we are brushing his teeth after his bottle, so we are doing bottle, teeth, story, then bed and that sequence sort of makes him forget about the bottle, so it seems to be working well :)