Author Topic: 7 month old night wakings  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Hellomama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 month old night wakings
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:20 am »
Oops I meant 2hr10m A before bt!!

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 22:41:21 pm »
So last night was a bit like this
18:30 asleep
19:15 woke shh pat
22:15 woke shh pat took half hr
00:55 - woke ssh pat 10m
01:15 woke shh pat took half hr or so
01:45 woke nappy
02:00 feed
03:30 finally asleep after feed
06:00 woke
08:20 bed and crying as we speak

If he doesn't sleep I will have to take him out and what happens if he sleeps in the car or pram?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 22:46:04 pm by Hellomama »

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 23:05:18 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the NW... you must be exhausted!  :(

If he's not asleep by say 9.30am and he happens to fall asleep soon after in the car or pram, then let him have a nap up to an hour or so to protect the afternoon nap time.

Also, I just want to make sure that his reflux is under control - could discomfort be also causing the NWs?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 23:08:15 pm by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 23:14:55 pm »
Should I go for a walk to make him nap purposely?

Yea his reflux seems fine, when he vomits he doesn't seem to mind and keeps smiling which leads me to believe he is ok.

Offline Layla

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 00:12:08 am »
Did he fall asleep?

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 00:31:07 am »
Yes! Didn't want to reply too soon as to not jinx it but I kind of woke him noooo

He passed out mid scream at 1hr10m, then he had his face flat on the bed and in my attempt to move his head he woke and cried I quickly ducked down and hid and after 10m he fell asleep and I ran out as fast as I could then a few min later he woke and cried and then fell asleep without me going in! Yay! So even tho I woke him it was good coz he got to practice self settling 2 more times hehe but then he woke again and wouldn't settle so I got him up at the 1hr mark from when he first fell asleep so ild say he only really slept 30m, should I try another nap after 2hr15m seeing as it was short nap or go the full A of 2hr40m?

Offline Layla

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 01:08:05 am »
Good to hear he fell asleep ;D - he might look uncomfortable but if he can roll around and has good neck control, he will learn to move his face if he's uncomfortable....I would just make sure there is nothing else in the cot (like blankets or other loose items). He might fall asleep in what would look like a very awkward position to us (with legs and arms hanging out of the cot).... but I do understand you wanting to move his face to the side.

I would probably try another nap in 2.5hrs A time - so in the cot by say 2hr20mins to allow him 10mins to fall asleep.

I'm off to get the girls out of the house since DD is up from her nap - will be back in the pm. If the weather is nice and you have nothing else to do, a walk would probably be good for him (and you) ;)

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 04:41:52 am »
He can only roll to his belly and can't roll to his back yet but has good head control. I do leave him sometimes but other times I just over think and worry too much. There's nothing in his cot either as I've tried giving him something to snuggle but he doesn't really seem interested.

I didn't want to go out today it's 32 deg here! But in the end I had to leave the house for other reasons and I knew I wouldn't be back in time but it couldn't be avoided. In the end he was screaming at me coz he was way over due, due at 13:00 for a 2hr30m A, didn't get to the car til 13:25 where he fell asleep as soon as the car moved, didn't get home til 13:40, he doesn't transition well and screamed at me I put him in the cot at 13:50 and felt so bad I ssh pat him to sleep and he was asleep at 14:00. I know I shouldn't have but it was my fault and I just couldn't let him scream. If it was 10m then maybe but 15m seemed like a power nap? What should I have done in this situation as I'm sure things like this will happen from time to time and I just wasn't sure how to handle it.

Hope you're having fun with your girls these school holidays!

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 06:18:45 am »
DS slept from 14:00-15:15 (3hr30m A) must've been exhausted, might do bedtime at 17:45 (2hr30m A) and skip cn, unless you think his A either side would be too much?

Offline Layla

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 06:56:30 am »
i think an earlier bedtime would be much better than another cn and later bedtime. don't stress about today and what happened... if you need to do things, you do them and start fresh tomorrow ;D. do you know how many times dd3 would have little cns in the car on the way to school or back from school run lol? as she got older, she was better at staying up but that was just as bad becaus she was then awake for too long and would be screaming when we'd get home and id try and put her down in the  cot :(.

sorry typing with one hand as holding baby.

good luck and let me know how you go :-*

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 09:48:00 am »
He fell asleep after 45m yay! Ill keep u updated! Thx!

Offline Layla

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 10:14:24 am »
What a relief! I hope he doesn't wake much tonight  :)

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 21:51:07 pm »
Good morning Layla, such a good morning isn't it? Hehe can't help but feel positive (hoping not to jinx it) but DS slept 18:00 - 23:50, fed him, cried until he fell asleep at 01:10, then woke at 05:15! Wow! Going from 6-10 wake ups to ONE! So amazing! Thank you! Do you think its his age and the fact that he can move around as we have tried sleep training every month since he turned 4 months but it hasn't been until now that he has been able to get comfy.

Keeping him happy atm, will put him down a little before 8:30 as you suggested. Fingers crossed we get some good naps and get rid of the cn!

Thanks again! Keep you posted!

Offline Layla

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 23:57:23 pm »
WOW!!! :o :o :o

...and I hope you managed to get some sleep too :-*

I think its a combination of things - perhaps inconsistency in sleep training methods, not being on an age-appropriate schedule, probably some developmental things (turning) and/or teething... all of these things could be a contributing factor but moving forward, I think we can get him on a good napping schedule and use the same method to settle him, it will help him enormously!

As I type this, I hope he's sleeping and didn't fight you too long before his morning nap ;)

Also I just want to clarify - at night, are you using the same soothing method as for naps, as in, shh/pat until he's calm (not asleep), etc... Remember if he's mantra crying, you can leave him as this is his way of learning how to self soothe but it its a real cry, you stay with him :)

Offline Hellomama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 00:40:53 am »
I put him down at 08:13 he cried and fell asleep at 08:37 and its 10:36 and he is still asleep! I was going to wake him at the 2hr mark, but have an appt that might cut into his next nap pushing his A out, can I let him sleep for 2.5hrs or is that way too much?

Yes at night I do the same thing, I calm him and then leave and repeat, he cries but I leave him unless its really bad, last night most of the time it was just mantra.

Yayyyy feeling good today hehe!