Author Topic: 9 month old stops liking her solid help!!!!!  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
9 month old stops liking her solid help!!!!!
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:41 am »
Hi I need advise on blw. I am a ftm and baby has been refusing me to feed her. Used to love her solid so much. Started feeding at 5 mth as per paed advise due to reflux. At 8.5 mths stop allowing me to feed her and would just clamp her mouth shut. I have no choice but start blw and also reduce feed to 3 times a day. It has improved at lot but I am still struggling. How do u get protein or cereal in baby with blw. She refuse me to spoon feed her cereal and would sometimes take pouch food with meat otherwise how do I giver her meat. Dinner is terrible she won't eat much, a bit cheese and crackers.

Wu 0600
0645 milk 170ml
0830 breakie half a slice of toast with avocado and 50ml of milk
1200 lunch one food pouch 130g or 2 zuzzhini frittata, few pieces of sweet potatoes/broccoli
1345 milk 200ml
1630 dinner cheese bits and crackers or banana plus 60ml of milk
1820 milk 200ml

Is this enough? How do I get her to eat more.. Pls help.
She is 9 month 1 week now. Her reflux is gone now.stopped meds since 5 mths. She has two bottom teeth can't feel or see anymore coming out. Pls help.
TIA

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 9 month old stops liking her solid help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:50:42 am »
Seems to me like she's eating plenty... Is she generally happy (not crying from hunger)? Is she still gaining weight and following the general trend of the growth chart?

Protein - dairy like cheese, yoghurt, etc. provides protein. Egg - so omelette or scrambled eggs - DS loved them with a little cheese and some chives/onion & ham mixed through.

You could try giving her a spoon and letting her dip it in and feed herself - incredibly messy but its worth trying.

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: 9 month old stops liking her solid help!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:08:20 am »
This is a common time for things to go wonky with feeding. This may be useful to you Spoon Refusal and Finger Food Tips
Catherine x