Author Topic: How to progress with EASY  (Read 2761 times)

Offline mimi21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: How to progress with EASY
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 07:44:06 am »
Pretty much the same....
We had health visitor on Friday and she was concerned by her feeding every 2.5 hours and the cry she made while she was here, thought the reflux was still causing her pain, so back to doctors who has given her rantidene as well as the gaviscon.
Had to change her milk as the shop didn't have her usual in stock' something's made a difference as now she tends to finish 5 oz and will go somewhere between 3 to 3.5 hours, I aim for 3.5 but anything over 3 is fair game.

She still is only sleeping 40 mims and will not go back off even if she's sleeping in my arms.... Just a phase I hope.
She had been having her last feed between 7/7:30 and then going to 2/3 then up again at 5/5:30 but can usually give her a cuddle and she'll doze on me till 7/7:30.
Last night however she woke for a feed at 12, then was up again at 4, we managed to cuddle and doize till 5.30, then she fed and went back down around 6.15 till 7, meaning her next feed was at 8, didn't want to do it much later for fear of messing up day too much. She is now just falling asleep on me at 8.40. Next bottle due sometime after 11.

Just wish I could sort day out, easy is a bit like
E A S A S E A

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 21:59:35 pm »
Growth spurt at 14 weeks? She used to sleep from 8 till 2/3 but last night up at 12 then 4 and tonight feed at 7.15 and having another feed now? She seems to have slotted an extra feed in.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 11:55:49 am »
Could well be, if you think she's genuinely hungry then go with it.  Don't worry about the day looking like EASAEAS at the moment - that's very common at this age, as long as you try to avoid feeding to sleep you're doing great x

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 08:34:11 am »
OK, so was defiantly a growth spurt but now she's gone from drinking 5-6oz bottles we are now back down to 2-3 oz :-(

My other issue is she constantly wakes at 5am - it doesn't matter when her last feed was, how much/little sleep she's had during the day, we try settling her with her dummy but nothing works unless she's picked up and cuddled. We live in quite a small house and try to avoid too much noise so she doesn't wake dd1 who is often woken by her during the night so I often end up downstairs with her where she will go back to sleep in my arms/lap. :-(

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:52 am »
How are the day times and naps going now? 

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 17:01:21 pm »
It still varies, anything from 30 minutes to 2 hours, last Wednesday she slept for 2.5 hours in her pushchair, she fell asleep on the way too school
when dd is here she is often disturbed so will have a nap but keeps stirring
If I put her upstairs to sleep she'll be awake with 10 minutes
I am unable to put her up when she's tired, she won't go to sleep on her own.
I know that's a big problem as if I could get her to have decent naps in her cot she'll be better rested.
Am very tired from the 5am starts.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 18:04:13 pm »
How do you feel about starting some sleep training now?  You could have a look here: Teaching Sleep to Babies of 3-5 months (and the 45 min nap) and here: Shush-pat - How to as starting points.  There will be some protest and she may even skip naps as she gets used to going to sleep in a new way, but if she can go to sleep on her own that might help with getting you all better rested.  What do you think?

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 00:18:33 am »
I would love too, but my only concern is what do I do with a two year old while I am upstairs??

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 03:24:22 am »
2nd time awake tonight, woke at 12.45 and now again at 4..15, not even making it to 5. She just screamed the place down until we got her bottle. I expect one wake up, but 2?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:06 am »
It sounds like OT to me, if she isn't taking good naps that could well be the problem  :-\. Getting the routine right will help but so will independent sleep so she is able to settle herself again when she does wake up.  I can't remember did I ask if teething could be an issue too?

Would your toddler watch a DVD for a few minutes while you put the LO down for a nap?  Or maybe do an favourite activity they can occupy themselves with?  You could just start with one nap a day and then build up from there once she is going down more easily?

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 15:01:24 pm »
She's only 15 weeks, so not sure on teeth.

Ok, will try one nap a day and go from there. Was possibly OT last night but she drained both bottles so possibly hungry too.
really need to get this sorted. Would love to be able to put her down and just pop in and out to replace dummy.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 08:42:23 am »
DD had her first tooth through at 14 weeks ;)

Being able to put her down and leave will happen, it just takes time.  Set yourself small goals e.g. Just the first nap of the day and work from there, makes it all a bit more manageable x

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 10:41:46 am »
Well, we are getting off to a good start.
Decided to start with bedtime, so yesterday, we had bottle at 5.20, kick time, bath at 6.15, top up bottle at 6.45, in cot by 7. Done a little bit of such pat, but mostly just had my hand on her tummy. She woke after 40 minutes, so repeated, she went back to sleep in about 15 minutes and slept till 11.
Had bottle then back to bef quite quickly, slept till 3.45!! Had bottle, took me best part of an hour to resettle. She then slept till 7.30!!

We had first nap at 9.15 - ( took her up at 9) she only managed 35 minutes tho.
Was aiming for 11.30 nap, but she fell asleep in pushchair on way back from shops and I am now trying to resettle.

Big improvements tho, hopefully will just get better.