Author Topic: is my Love experiencing growing spurts now?--9 month  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Rongrong

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
is my Love experiencing growing spurts now?--9 month
« on: September 26, 2013, 17:28:49 pm »
9 month old girl, sleep by herself but in the same room with me.

started this Monday morning, woke up @ 1:30, Tue 4:30, Wed 4:30, Thur 3:30.
tried p up/p down, worked really quick, only once I mean ,but couple minutes later, woke up again, repeated it several times, didn't go back to sleep until being fed.

this morning (Thur, woke up @ 3:30), didn't feed her,  p up/p down for ONE hour, eventually sleep which is 4:30, 6:30 woke up again, fed, 7:30 get up.

she has 2 naps a day and total is 2~3 hours, every day sleeps 12~13 hours.

4 meals a day, every night @ around 8:30pm, feed her 4th meal as snack before bed, she goes to sleep @ around 9~10pm

doesn't take bottle, neither does she drink milk from sip cup (except water), breast feeding 3~4 times a day, hard to tell how much liquid she takes every day.

questions:
1. is this growing spurts or habitual wake up ? sometimes she woke up at the same time, but no all the time.
2. what can I do if it's growing spurts? feed her more @ day time? but she already take 4 meals a day, I thought she already has enough food?

any recommendation and help is appreciated.

Offline Rongrong

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: is my Love experiencing growing spurts now?--9 month
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 17:33:46 pm »
one more thing, started last Saturday (Sep 21), her 2nd A time extended to 6 hours, but not every day, 2nd time is yesterday Sep 25 (Wed), 2nd A time was more than 6 hours, how could it be? I learned that for her age , A time is 3~4 hours, why does this happen to her?

I did try p up /p down to get her to sleep after 4 hours A time, but didn't work.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 22:36:30 pm »
If she's going to bed at 9/10 pm and getting up for the day at 7:30 consistently, she's overtired. You should be aiming for 11hr nights at this age, so BT has to come earlier or wakeup later.

How recently did you start the solid snack at 8:30pm? 4 solid meals is a lot for a 9 month old.

Offline Rongrong

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:39 am »
thank u for the reply, I know she doesn't sleep as much as other babies, but that's the case, don't know how to make her sleep longer at night???  I can’t force her, if I try to let her go to bed earlier, she won’t sleep , p up/p down didn’t help at all.

her grandma is concerned about not getting enough solid food, that's why she has 4 meals, and actually the 4th meal likes a snack.

she used to sleep with me and that causes her sleep problem, I learned from the book and move her to her own bed and stopped feeding her @ night, but since then, I felt that my breast milk reduced significantly, so maybe 4 meals is good for her?

Today her 2nd A is 5hours, it looks like it won’t go back to 4 hours.

sigh

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:49:02 am »
Ok, what's your routine? Maybe looking at getting the naps right would help the night sleep.

Higher calorie food may help. Honestly, I think your issues are going to be difficult to work out until there's a consistent and age-appropriate sleep pattern.

Offline Rongrong

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 18:13:19 pm »
yes, maybe I need to work on her naps 1st, and hope it helps with her night sleep.
we will see, thx.

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 22:37:01 pm »
Hi there,

I've noticed you posted in the EASY board for some help on settling a schedule for your LO. I've locked this thread so that we can keep all the advice in one place :-*.

9 month old 2nd A time is more than 6 hours, does it matter

20/06/2012 - my angel baby