Author Topic: Swimming clashing with naps  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Swimming clashing with naps
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:55:19 am »
Hi everyone!
Hope everyone is good and your LO's are all being angels!!! ;)
Not sure where to post this, please move if need be!
So, DD is nearly 9 months and im starting swimming with her on Sat ;D only problem is that it falls right on her nap time, lesson is at 10:30 and she usually has her 1st nap at about 10.
There are no other options for times, we live in a very small place and its the only place that offers swimming for babies for miles around!!
Any suggestions on what to do about the nap? Would you put her down early and see if she will have a little nap before? Will that throw her off completely (ie early wakings)
What would you do??  ???
Thanks ladies!!  :) x   

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Swimming clashing with naps
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:00:45 pm »
There's not much you can do hey? Either skip the lessons or juggle around with naps! I would probably try and put her down a bit early for her nap - just 15 mins or so - and maybe try to have her nap in her stroller/carseat so that she can sleep right up until the last minute before she has to get changed. She'll still need her second nap to be earlier because her first nap would have been short and swimming is VERY tiring. If that doesn't work, you'll just have to put her down straight after swimming (probably swim, snack, sleep).

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »
Ok, so, todays the day!! I was actually hoping she would have one of her 6 am wake ups but no,.... And unfortunatly its really not far away so no time to sleep in the stroller!  Im going to try putting her down early and just hope she sleeps a bit!! If not then i think we will have one very grumpy bum in the water!! I was going to speak to the teacher and see if its a big problem if we arrive a little late for the class,lets see what happens!!  ;D

Offline BeeAnn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 06:01:39 am »
How did you get on yesterday?  I am interested because in a few weeks we have a similar problem with a birthday party we are going to - and my daughter is about the same age!

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »
It went very well!!  ;D usually she does about 3h30 A time but at 3hrs after our normal wind down i put her down and held my breath!!! It took her a bit longer to go down but she did, I woke her after 35/40mins, she was a bit of a grump at first but she was fine and really enjoyed herself. When she got home she passed out on my boob so i let her have 10 min kip on my shoulder and then her afternoon nap i bought forward a little bit and i had to wake her after 2 hrs!!! She had a bit of a restless night but i think thats due to teeth,but all in all, it went well!!   
Also,i tried to make sure i pulled her straight out of bed as soon as she woke, (usually i let her talk to herself for a while and i take her A time from when i get her out of bed) that way she was ready for her nap a bit earlier! Good luck!!!