Author Topic: Talk me down - 3yo not eating again *update - complete 180!*  (Read 3919 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Talk me down - 3yo not eating again *update - complete 180!*
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 20:05:06 pm »
Hi HH. ONly just joining in and pleased to read there has been a change around :)
Just wanted to say when mine had a phase of being hungry just before BT I was advised to increase protein - not easy with DS as he never ate much protein. However, I switched meals around and made breakfast a protein meal, that way if he ate it I didn’t have to worry at all for the rest of the day if I would get him to eat a portion, and if he did try a little for lunch or dinner then great he had extra.  So, breakfast here became either a 1 egg omelet (I whisk half a teaspoon of ketchup in before cooking, the only way he will eat egg!  He doesn't even know I do that.  I also serve with another half teaspoon of ketchup to dip into) or a sausage.  He instantly ate either without question, I was sooooo shocked and relieved. He stopped saying he was hungry before bed too as he was much fuller having had protein.  I don't know what allergies your DS might have, but perhaps this is an idea to increase protein (butchers will make sausages to your requirements/recipe so they can be healthier than some shop shelf sausages and they don't cost more than a good quality sausage). Worked for us anyway. x

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 20:28:50 pm »
Fab!
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline malenka

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 20:36:23 pm »
Great news!

However he is using "I'm still hungry!" as a delaying tactic to avoid going to bed...
DS does this too!
Meredith - Mommy to

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 18:52:24 pm »
He gets plenty of protein, he's just being a monkey about BT and using food as an excuse  :P

At lunch today he ate tons, then said he was still hungry, so I gave him a small bowl of popcorn and he dawdled over it and every time I said it's time for nap he said "I'm still eating!" cheeky chimp  :D

Last night he ate turnip - first time it's been offered  :o (Haggis, mash, carrot & turnip for tea  :)) Even I don't eat turnip  :-X He ate everything except the potatoes & it was a big portion  :o

Sunday we had the most successful dairy trial ever - grated wensleydale cheese with pasta - Monday's poo was a bit runny, but no mucous, no skin reactions, and this morning his poo was normal  ;D 8) ;D He will be the world's happiest boy if he can have more cheese in his diet  8)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 20:12:24 pm »
That is fabulous, so pleased for you!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015