Author Topic: Re: 3 month old--nights?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline kaynay

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 03, 2013, 02:38:02 am »
I am changing the subject line to nights...the days seem to be normal now we are loosing the 4th nap she is just too awake close to bedtime, we have moved up bedtime but now we are getting an 11pm waking seemingly developmental but she is swaddled in the wombie. she isnt rolling but LOVES her fingers during active time. now that she found her fingers could her NWs be related to her wanting to suck her hands?

I go back to work in 2 weeks and am desperate now for these nights are turning into newborn nights last night up at 11 waited to 11:15 didnt resettle offered breast didnt eat long, back down til 130 offered pacy (although we dont use this much) she woke at 230 offered pacy again woke at 3 I fed at 3 she woke at 6am...we moved to 3/5 hour EASY during the day for every feed except last feed is a cluster and she is fine with that since it seems days have improved with 2 1.5 hour naps and 1 45 min nap no end of day cat nap.

times like these i want to give up breastfeeding, end up cursing everyone from god to the baby whisperer etc...she is 3.5 months and the sleep is just getting worse and not better and work is around the corner ....this is my 3 child of which i have followed all BW advice.

i do not dreamfeed she is such a messy bottle feeder dribbling and snorting and loosing 1/2 oz every feed that i would hate to have her go through that and be woken up from it.

what to do?
active times are about 1 hour 45 mins,  in the day she is a pleasure happy, plays , rarely fussy or unbearable, goes down for naps easy independently so what gives with her nights???

Offline roseola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: Re: 3 month old--nights?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:49:13 am »
I think there might be a 4 month sleep regression? Maybe it's happpeniing a little early?
Nini

Offline kaynay

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:42 am »
yes...so what next? how to get thru it?
i thought the regression consisted of more than just nights that days were affected like nap battles and being clingy and more fussy or is the regression possible for just nights?
how long does it last?
who else has gotten thru this and how? is it unswaddle time?

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 3 month old--nights?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 23:59:14 pm »
How old is she now? Would you be able to post your EAS? How does she go to sleep during the day? It might be time to wean the swaddle and I have attached a link for you to read through to get an idea of how others did it. I never swaddled and mine would suck on her fist to self sooth and its possible your LO would like some more freedom now...

Weaning the swaddle - when, how, tips and tricks
Paci or Swaddle Weaning Success Stories Here

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 04:40:03 am »
Not sure I have any advice, but my 4 month old started having bad nights just after 3 months. I blamed the swaddle but am not convinced that's what it was. He's no longer swaddled. I think it's either a growth spurt (his NFs went from 1, or occasionally none, to 2 and sometimes 3) and/or 4 month sleep regression early.

We're seeing some improvement but I haven't really figured it out yet!
Catherine x

Offline roseola

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 16:50:30 pm »
My almost 3 mo old is currently waking 3-4 times a night, when she used to wake 1-2!! WTH!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully things go back the right way as suddenly as they went wrong!
Nini